How to stop Creative Cloud from launching at start up ?

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To stop Creative Cloud from launching at the start-up, please follow the steps- 

Launch the Creative Cloud app and click on File (top left corner of the app)- 

KanikaS_1-1592843201085.png

Select Preferences-

cleanup 1.png

Under General, uncheck the 'Launch Creative Cloud at login' option and select DONE-

KanikaS_3-1592843728105.png

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my Adobe Application Manager and it became Creative Cloud. After the update, it runs everytime I log into Windows. How can I stop it form running at startup? I looked for the common startup places (task manger -> startup tab, startup folder and registry) but there's no sign of it.

I'm running Windows 8.1 and CS6.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jim-liu, Open Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the Settings button at the right rop corner, go to Preferences -> General Tab -> Settings and uncheck "Launch at Login" option.

That should help you out.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arpit, thanks for the reply. That was the first place I looked, however clicking the settings button only gives me "Help", "Pin to Notification Area" and "Quit Creative Cloud".

Edit: Got it. Have to sign in first and accept license agreement before having the ability to disable it...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, you need to login first and then disable it.

Let me know if you still get the issue.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking the "launch at login" solved it. Thanks!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old issue, but why in the year 2015 would any developer choose to force a login before letting you get to settings? As a whole the entire software developing world solved this problem in the mid 2000's because the first reaction is to uninstall the app and stop being potential customers. It drives away business and makes for angry users. Right now I'm waiting for an unbelievably huge update TO AN UPDATE MANAGER before I'm allowed to disable this bug feature. I actually am the person who could have purchased one of these products for this company and was considering it for ease of use... but so far the entire creative cloud process has been a hassle and this is the last straw. We will spend the time on work arounds.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its 2019 and this is STILL the case! What a joke of a company. Complete market share and totally ruined it themselves

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me, it still starts services.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Apir

I would. Like to know if Adobe have Startup programs, our company need to have the tools for design logos and marketing material but we are pre revenue.

Any idea how. We can get 1 license for 12 months?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac... And Creative Cloud runs at boot despite it not being visible in System Preferences > Accounts > Login

Let me get this clearer:

1. Get in your face when you boot

2. Sign in because you have no other choice to disable boot at login.

3. Agree to any new licences, no matter how irrelevant to you.

4. Possibly do software/setup configurations which will be un-needed.

5. "Sure, now you can disable Creative Cloud from being in your face"

Makes no sense to me. How come we can't just say "disable" at step 1?

Chris

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, in System Preferences ---> Users and Groups ---> Login Items

You should see Adobe Creative Cloud in a list. Check the box to prevent it from loading at start up.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Went to System Preferences --> Users & Groups --> Login Items.

Creative Cloud is not listed there.

Tried to sign into Creative Cloud. Must be different than this. Did not accept my sign in. Ask to reset password. Did not receive any email to reset password for Creative Cloud sign in. So I cannot sign in to Creative Cloud. That means I cannot set it to not come up at computer start.

This is illogical, nonsensical, ridiculous, frustrating crap.  My opinion of Adobe the company is at its lowest point ever.

I own Adobe Acrobat Pro XI. I might buy a new version if it came out. I would never rent the program. Also own Photoshop Elements.

Is there any reason to keep Creative Cloud if you don't rent Adobe's programs?  Is Creative Cloud needed for updates to Acrobat Pro or Elements?

If it is unnecessary for updates, then what's the best way to delete it from an Apple computer?

Thanks for any help.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, not there...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty obnoxious.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bryan Bortz wrote:

It's pretty obnoxious.

Yes, Adobe is great at Adobe-centric decisions that piss off the customers.

They could use "a Steve Jobs" to scream and yell at them when they do this.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. This was driving me crazy!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I just point out exactly how frustrating this is on a multiuser system? I have Creative Cloud on two machines, one of which has a login for my wife. So, it launches for her - she does not have a Creative Cloud account, so can't login to disable it!!!! Did it not occur to your programming team that on a multiuser operating system not all users might be CC members?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to automate disabling this from start up for windows once you install?

Such as editing a preferences file setting or something upon silent deployment ?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely Wrong. It is disabled from launching at login in the CC settings, Though my antivirus I've disabled it from starting at login. I've even gone into Windows registry and disabled it from running at login there.

Creative Cloud, and the entire adobe set of a dozenish background processes STILL Launch at start up. It's absolutely ridiculous that this set of applications DEMANDS background processes to be running for services that are disabled, or are not actually being used AT ALL while i'm generally using my computer and have not even opened so much of a PDF to view.

The CC is "closed" at start up. and it has to "load" if I want to run it. It doesn't even create a single new process when I manually run the program if I have not manually terminated the bloatware processes.

Classifying this absurd resource hogging at start up, when you are not even wanting to use the adobe programs at the time to view so little as a PDF a "feature" is absurd.

and having an option to turn these off that blatantly DOES NOT WORK. is Malicious.

Fix your Suite

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 - I tried all the recommended processes here. None worked.

The solution that worked for me is as follows (***I am writing this so even a non-computer nerd can follow***): 

1. Right-click on Start button - the little icon in the extreme lower left-hand corner that looks like a 4-pane window.

2. Select Task Manager from the Drop-Up box

3. When Task manager opens, on the row of tabs across the top, look for the one labeled "Startup" and click on it

4. Up comes a list of programs that, looking to the end of its line, are listed as "Enabled" or "Disabled."

5. If the program is listed as  "Enabled", it will launch and run every time you turn on your computer, potentially slowing down your computer.

6. If the program is listed as "Disabled", it is still available for you to run immediately when you want by clicking on it.  It's just "disabled" from running automatically every time you turn on your computer.

(This list does not affect running Windows 10, your operating software (OS).)

7. Of the ones "Enabled", see which ones you do not want to run automatically.

8.  Right-click on it; up comes a drop-down box. Click on "Disable". 

9.  (You can also click on the "Disabled" ones to "Enable" them to run the moment you turn on your computer. But it may cause your computer to run more slowly.)

I disabled Creative Cloud, restarted my tablet and Creative Cloud DID NOT launch. 

My tablet functions significantly faster now.

Hope this helps.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for explaing this....I had just done it, and then thought, "Gosh, was it ok to do that?" I am not really skilled with computers... So I "searched" and found your comment.  WOW, I hope this continues to work, as this CC app has been driving me nuts!!  I hope it won't turn itself on again the next time I re-boot.  I've tried everything else, even uninstalling Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop.  It would not uninstall!  I hate Adobe for this.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it lets me turn it off within the creative cloud application, it does NOT prevent it from starting up after a reboot.  This in turn results in the core sync process eating up significant CPU processing and prevents shutdown on many occassions.  If there is no way to stop creative cloud and the associated core sync process from running, I'm going to need to cancel my subscription to your service and uninstall all adobe related items.  I cannot continue to have my system hijacked by this software.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, how do you update Adobe application manager so thta it becomes Creative Cloud? I still have both running - should i only have CC now?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It shows that it has an update for AAM when I checked for updates (for Photoshop). After the update it became CC.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines