• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to take advantage of free subscription period?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't follow the How-To guides to cancel my subscription and then take advantage of the offerred free subscription period. 

When I try and cancel my existing Photography subscription, it tells me to contact support, but when I try and contact support, it tells me to contact the community.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

For anyone interested.

I received my renewal notice, and that spurred me to try contacting support again. I got someone on chat and explained the situation.

They assisted me in cancelling my subscription, and then signing up for a new subscription (same charges), but were able to provide 3 months in "relief" before the first charge.

This was exactly what I was hoping for, and given that I'll be spending a lot of time at home, with reduced income, I'm looking forward to trying to find some time t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't directly answer your question as I Do NOT work for Adobe and have no direct knowledge of anything Adobe is offering, if they are offering anything, but let me give you my take on this.

First it is not a given that Adobe will extend your subscription for 2 months free if you try and cancel your plan. In accepting any free period that they may offer also means you are NOT canceling your subscription and renewing it for yet another full year.

Then there was a post from someone that tried to get whatever Free offer that person might had heard about and the agent they spoke to simply CANCELED that person subscription without offering them anything. The Agent did exactaully what that user wanted, IE To Cancel their plan.

So I suggest if you need and use whatever Adobe subscription plan you now have you STOP trying to get something for nothing. It could turn around and bit you on the posterior (Derriere).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the warning. 

Given that I hardly ever use the software, certainly not for work, and as someone who has subscribed to the plan since it's original inception, I can live with it being cancelled outright, but that's not my goal. 

A friend of mine, a professional travel photographer, was able to take advantage of the 60 day "free" subscription for the Photography plan at a time when he (and we) are all suffering. Given I'm about to take a 35% pay cut as my business has just been closed and I need to find a way to manage my cash flow in order to pay my employees,  it would seem that these reliefs are what the purpose of an offer of this nature should be supporting. 

I'd like to remain a customer of the program, and rather than have to completely cancel, when there is an offer out there for some "expense relief", it sure would be nice to be able to speak with someone from support to take advantage. 

I suppose they'll either contact me before the monthly charge, or I'll have to cancel it. 

And, if someone is able to actually assist by providing some information on my post, I'll be happy to hear from you. If you have nothing useful to assist me with, please don't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone interested.

I received my renewal notice, and that spurred me to try contacting support again. I got someone on chat and explained the situation.

They assisted me in cancelling my subscription, and then signing up for a new subscription (same charges), but were able to provide 3 months in "relief" before the first charge.

This was exactly what I was hoping for, and given that I'll be spending a lot of time at home, with reduced income, I'm looking forward to trying to find some time to spend on my recent photos, but without worrying about my expenses.

Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines