• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HUGE PROBLEM with storage!

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i installed few programs of Adobe, the installation said that it will take X amount of storage.
lets say- 10GB, but after the installation, my hard drive lost 100GB of storage!!!!!!!!
i deleted all the adobe programs, and it freed me up only 10GB. so i have about 90GB of "ghost storage".
a storage that i cant delete!!! no matter what i do, or where i dig in my file explorer, NOTHING!!

a friend of mine told me that even after he FORMATED his hard drive, the "ghost storage" space was still taken!
WAHT A SCAM!

how am i supose to free my storage space?! even CC shows i have NO FILES even in WEB VIEW.

what is wrong with Adobe!? how do they let themselfs do such disgusting things!?
its like you have an apartment, and someone comes, catches a room, and tell you, "this is now mine, you can go..... yourself, im not leaving no matter what youll do".
thats exactly what Adobe does to my hard drive now!

oh and when i try to use their uninstallers, it says of course "uninstallaion completed with errors" or something like that.

anyone know what to do?! Adobe really must be ashmed of theirselfs, but i guess they absolotely dont care.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've never come across that issue when installing Adobe apps, if you're on Windows you can use this tool to see what eating up all of your space

https://windirstat.net/permalink.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i trust this website?
how will it be able to tell me something different then all the exploring i did inside the hard drive that i installed the adobe programs on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"how can i trust this website?"

Well I use it all the time, I work in IT and would not suggest a download to anyone if I didn't think it was safe to use.

It will tell where the large files\folders are on your HDD\SSD, it's a very useful tool to have!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ged mentioned, this is not a common Adobe problem. I have not experienecd it either.

You could look at other ways to clearnup your hard drive and find if tehre are specific errors. Here is a Windows link on cleaning up space on your hard drive:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/12425 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uncommon dosent mean not exist..... and im not the only one having this probelm, search the web, its kinda full of it and other problems with adobe storage related stuff such as deleting files and no space goes free..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines