• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to resize an image to make it a FB profile picture size, but the quality is reduced

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to resize my company logo from 1350 x 390 and resolution of 300, to something smaller while retaining the same quality.

My aim is to use it as a facebook profile picture, but whenever I try adding it on facebook, the large resolution is kept and it is trying to get me to crop the image.

If anyone can please help that'll be great.

Thank you

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

I take it you are speaking of the profile picture and not the larger cover image to the right. The profile pic needs to be square. Use the crop tool in your editing software and set width and height to 170 px x 170 px and resolution to 72

Drag the crop cursor over your image until you get the best content within the square. Then click the checkmark.

From the menu choose Save for Web (export legacy in Photoshop) and set quality to about 60 which will add some compression for faster page loading on

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it you are speaking of the profile picture and not the larger cover image to the right. The profile pic needs to be square. Use the crop tool in your editing software and set width and height to 170 px x 170 px and resolution to 72

Drag the crop cursor over your image until you get the best content within the square. Then click the checkmark.

From the menu choose Save for Web (export legacy in Photoshop) and set quality to about 60 which will add some compression for faster page loading on FB while still giving a good quality.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/125379114252045

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jung,

This tutorial may be helpful for you too.
Change the image size |

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines