• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i can`t change install directory After effects

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have some troubles with after effects installation: i can`t change installing directory path. what i need to do?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

if ae cc:

uninstall the ae that's in the incorrect directory.

open the cc desktop app, choose the little gear icon in the upper right corner and then choose Preferences.  In the Preferences screen select Creative Cloud and then look for the Install Location drop down.  change the install location and install ae.

after ae is installed, change the install location that you want to use for other installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if ae cc:

uninstall the ae that's in the incorrect directory.

open the cc desktop app, choose the little gear icon in the upper right corner and then choose Preferences.  In the Preferences screen select Creative Cloud and then look for the Install Location drop down.  change the install location and install ae.

after ae is installed, change the install location that you want to use for other installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the instructions, they have been helpful, but I have to say that's insane.

Setting the installation folder through a separate app, and having to deal with this after already installing the program once in the wrong place is SHOCKINGLY INSANE!

I cannot imagine why adobe (or anyone with a brain in their skull) would decide to go with this backwards method instead of a simple destination dropdown, the kind that every other installer ever has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Creative Cloud Download & Install​ forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines