• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't download any of the apps

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a MacBook Air 2019 and a few weeks ago i signed into my Adobe account. I downloaded Creative Cloud and proceeded to download After Effects, but i didn't have enough storage. So yesterday and today i have been making space on my computer and tried to download again but it wouldn't work. I deleted all Creative Cloud files such as the media encoder, the After Effects Installer and alias and tried downloading it again, thinking it wasn't working becuase i already had the files but nope it still isn't working. I need these apps for school and they are not downloading and i'm panicking that i won't be able to do my work. Please help me

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ellie, what process did you use to delete the Creative Cloud files and Media Encoder?  Did you use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html?

What type of Creative Cloud membership are you using? I don't see a membership associated with the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I just put them in my bin and then deleted them. I have a student account so it is through my college. I downloaded the apps onto my other computer but that one is old and takes a long time to open the app so I decided to download it onto my laptop. I just want to be able to do my work haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry to hear that, Ellie. In the future, always determine if there is an uninstaller included as part of the application.  By just dragging files to the trash can, you leave the computer in an unexpected state, which is likely making any difficulties you were encountering worse.

Please try reinstalling any removed applications by using the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html.  When you run into errors during the install process, please check the log files to determine the error's exact cause.  Information on how you can locate any fatal errors can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-installation-log-files.html.

What type of membership are you using, Ellie? Is it a Creative Cloud membership offered by the educational institution that you attend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I log into the Creative Cloud using my college log in details. I restored the deleted files, and tried downloading again but it didn't work so I am thinking of using the link you replied with to uninstall everything, restart my laptop and try installing them again. I hope that works else I don't know what I'm going to tell my teachers. I could ask them but I don't know if they'll be much help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ellie, part of the difficulties you are encountering might be due to how the membership is managed. Try the suggestions offered in this public discussion forum, but please contact the educational institutions Creative Cloud administrator for assistance if you continue to encounter problems.  They have access to the support included with the purchase. If they are unsure of how to access that support, please refer them to https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/enterprise-support-terms.html which provides information on the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thank you so much, you have been a great help! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe exactly what happens (messages, screen shots, etc.) when you now try to download. Also, how much storage do you have now, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how much storage i have, but no error messages come up. Normally a little "Downloading" notification comes up and you can see the progression status on your creative cloud account. But when I press download, nothing happens. I have tried with other apps and nothing happens with them. When i first tried to download it, it would give me a logo to double click and then it would start downloading. I try double clicking and nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines