• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't need the $600/yr plan, but to "subscribe" to what I DO need is $500/yr. No other options?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm retired now and no longer want to pay $600/yr to have access to ALL the programs. When I was self-employed that was a business deduction, but no more. I'd still like to have access to Photoshop, inDesign, and Acrobat DC. But to subscribe to PS and inD separately comes to ~$500/yr anyway! No other options, I guess??

I have CS back to CS4-- can I use the older versions of PS and inD without a subscription to CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

No,  he's saying you can use the Creative SUITES programs you bought, but there may be compatibility issues and you may not be able to get the updates to the Creative Suites programs if you don't already have them downloaded (although Customer Care is the best place to find an answer to this question).

The CC programs will stop working if you cancel the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sasha,

"I have CS back to CS4-- can I use the older versions of PS and inD without a subscription to CC?"

Yes.

But if you need to reinstall you may have issues, including compatibility depending on OS version, and maybe also with activation and with (lack of) updates, easiest to overcome if you have downloaded/bought from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always bought everything from Adobe, ever since Adobe took over Pagemaker (which I first bought from Aldus in 1985). I've been buying CS from Adobe since 2008.

The computer I'm using at this moment has PS and inDesign 2018, 2019, and CC installed. You're saying I can use those but may not get updates? Not sure I'll need updates (sometimes they only mess things up that were working fine). 

Otherwise, my options are to continue to pay the $600/year for the whole shebang, or pay $500/year for the two programs I really want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No,  he's saying you can use the Creative SUITES programs you bought, but there may be compatibility issues and you may not be able to get the updates to the Creative Suites programs if you don't already have them downloaded (although Customer Care is the best place to find an answer to this question).

The CC programs will stop working if you cancel the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The CC programs will stop working if you cancel the subscription."

THIS is what I wanted to know. The earlier Creative SUITE programs that I use are already installed on this computer. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Get Started forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sasha,

"The earlier Creative SUITE programs that I use are already installed on this computer. Thanks."

I am happy for you.

If you ever have to replace your computer, save copies of the installation files, including update installation files, if you still have them on your harddisk.

Never uninstall them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines