• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have an older Mac Pro I'm trying to install CS6 on - download links are not in my order history.

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download CS6 onto an older Mac Pro tower. I don't see any download links in my order history. Is there a way to get access to my install downloads? Adobe customer support punted me over to the forums.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

For CS6 back to CS4 you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

I have forwarded your problem further, hopefully we should get an update. I will post here as and when i get some information. Also be alert if someone contacts you via DM providing download links, that could be a scammer. For more info see the following

https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manan - thanks for the update and guidance.

—Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unfortunate, but downloads to older software are no more available. For some time, Adobe still provided download links to people proving they had a valid license. Now that is limited to those having placed their order directly with Adobe and not over a vendor. And even that may have changed in the meantime. If you can get hands on the software, keep it in a safe place. You should keep all your software as installable distribution on your system, regardless of the distribution system.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo,

I did place my order directly with Adobe - I usually do keep copies of my software, but in this instance I don't have access to it–figuring over the last 20+ years of buying Adobe software and once having access to it through my Adobe account that I would be abe to access it there. Also, your response comes across as a lecture—not really appreciated as I'm trying to get a simple answer after having spent time unsuccessfully being bounced around with Adobe technical support.

–Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't shoot the messenger.  We don't work for Adobe.  We're all product users like you.

Adobe removed download links a while back.  

If downloads are not in your account portal, we cannot help you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS6 back to CS4 you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Thanks for the response - this is the clearest answer I've received–much appreciated.

–Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ugh ok so i was given the links just an hour or so ago to download cs6 to my new laptop. My school gave me the software and liscence years back and it doesnt show in my account... .Problem im having it says File archive part is missing please download all parts... blah blah blah... is there a way to get the file archive part by itself or how do i fix this.. I honestly feel that adobe needs to step up their response and handling of the situation. we purchased the product we should be able to use the product.  refund, repair, or replace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines