• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have CS5 [was: Creative Suite, Creative Suite 2] on MACS running MAC Mountain Lion. Will they run on Yosemite or Elcapitan?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS5 [edit: Creative Suite, Creative Suite 2] on MACS running MAC Mountain Lion. Will they run on Yosemite or Elcapitan?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

My iMac and Powerbook pro both run intel based processors. THe operating system is 10.8.5 Mountain Lion.

Are you saying that you're running CS2 on OS X 10.8.5?

That's not possible in a native Mac environment (unless you're running the Windows version in Parallels or Bootcamp on the Mac)..

CS2 is a PowerPC application designed to run on Macs with PowerPC processors. When Apple switched to Intel processors, Apple briefly provided a translator called "Rosetta" to run PowerPC apps on Intel-based Ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, CS2 was written for PowerPC systems, and Yosemite and El Capitan only run on Intel based systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you understood my question. My iMac and Powerbook pro both run intel based processors. THe operating system is 10.8.5 Mountain Lion. MAC has assured me my MACS will run fine on Yosemite and/or ElCapitan. My question is will Adobe Creative Suite Premium run on these MAC operating systems or will they lose functionality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi louisj72939535,

unfortunately, CS2 Apps won't run on El Capitan

CS2 applications, including Photoshop, were written for Macs with PowerPC CPUs.

OS X 10.11 El Capitan only runs Intel CPU-compatible software, so El Capitan will

not allow CS2 to run or install.

Source: OS X 10.11 El Capitan: Will Adobe software work? | conrad chavez | blog

Kind Regards,

Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMac and Powerbook pro both run intel based processors. THe operating system is 10.8.5 Mountain Lion.

Are you saying that you're running CS2 on OS X 10.8.5?

That's not possible in a native Mac environment (unless you're running the Windows version in Parallels or Bootcamp on the Mac)..

CS2 is a PowerPC application designed to run on Macs with PowerPC processors. When Apple switched to Intel processors, Apple briefly provided a translator called "Rosetta" to run PowerPC apps on Intel-based Macs.

Rosetta has not been included nor supported since OS X 10.7 "Lion". So PowerPC apps (including CS2) will not run on OS X 10.7 onwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY HUGEST APOLOGIES!!!! I was typing and not thinking. I have CS5 on both MACS. But question is the same. Can I upgrade my MAC OS to Yosemite or El Capitan and still have the Adobe Suite function? AGAIN, So sorry for my lapse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines