• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have CS6, don't want CC

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased CS6 on my own, and had to download InDesign CC for my work. The only two CC products I installed were Acrobat and InDesign. However, I left that job and cannot seem to switch back over to CS6. I tried uninstalling, but there apparently is something on my computer that is still using CC and I can't figure out what it is. Whenever I try opening a CS6 version, I get the "License this software" screen with my 30 day free trial countdown. How do I fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Moving this discussion to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum.

ElissaE when you install the Creative Cloud version of InDesign, and Acrobat, updated shared components were installed as part of that process.  The only way to remove the updated components is to completely remove any install Adobe software.  You will then be able to reinstall the applicable versions when you reinstall Creative Suite 6.

To completely remove Acrobat and InDesign run any available uninstallers.  I don't know w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

after securing your serial number(s), uninstall everything cs6 including preferences

clean per Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall your cs6 and activate with your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum.

ElissaE when you install the Creative Cloud version of InDesign, and Acrobat, updated shared components were installed as part of that process.  The only way to remove the updated components is to completely remove any install Adobe software.  You will then be able to reinstall the applicable versions when you reinstall Creative Suite 6.

To completely remove Acrobat and InDesign run any available uninstallers.  I don't know which operating system you are using so please update this discussion if you need more specific directions.

Once you have ran the available uninstallers then please download and run the CC Cleaner Tool at Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems​.  The CC Cleaner Tool is designed to be run in conjunction with the uninstallers to allow for complete removal.  Please do update the discussion which which operating system you are using if you face any confusion with uninstalling InDesign, Acrobat, and any other installed Adobe software ElissaE.

Finally. once the software is removed you can download a fresh copy of the CS6 installation files at Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications .   For details on how to locate your registered serial number see Find your serial number ElissaE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've tried this and it doesn't work for me. I have used this cleaner tool and reinstalled my Master Collection CS6 ...still prompt to renew CC subscription when trying to use InDesign CS6 (Windows 10). I have called the support only to be informed that there is no support for my Software problems. What should I do to get my CS6 work again?! I need it today and I'm really close to throw my computer through the window 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

remove your Adobe PCD folder and SLStore folders,

locations: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines