• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I know wrong place, but need help in restoring my CS 6 Suite...

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for posting in the wrong forum, I was trying to look to see where this should go, but couldn't find the right forum.

I had to reset my computer recently, but before doing so, I had copied my entire CS 6 folder onto an external. The computer is reset and I copied the folder back, but now it says configuration error, uninstall and reinstall. Problem, is I had gotten the suite back in 2013 when I was attending The Art Insitute of Pittsburgh-Online division. 

I had tried going through the adobe agents, first one directed me to an article that fixed the issue for CC. I don't have the folders they mention in that article for CS 6. I contacted them again, after the first agent instructed me to do so in case that didn't solve the issue....I had reminded that agent that I had CS 6, and not CC. They said it should work for either. Again, told me to get back in touch if it didn't work. I reached out again, got a different agent and now was told they couldn't help me because they no longer support CS 6 and just felt like they didn't know what they were doing and was trying to make me go away. 

Anyways, if someone out there can possibly help me or help me get into the right direction, I would certainly appreciate it. The issue with the computer has put me behind in projects, so I would be eternally grateful if anyone can help. I am using Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>copied my entire CS 6 folder onto an external... copied the folder back

If you mean the program folder, that will not work... the only way to have a program work is to install it

If you do not have your original install media, disc or download, there is no way anyone here or at Adobe can help

For serial number programs you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
---as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
-if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought and lost a disc Adobe does not provide a replacement via download
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe application can not be installed by copying old Photoshop installation folders into a new system  install.  Adobe Applications have to be installed via an Adobe installer so the Application are configured into your system. None of your Adobe application will be configured into your configuration if you just copy the old folder into your newly installed OS. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are right about not supporting CS6. The first agent was generous, but not following Adobe's rules. Support ended years ago. Also, NO replacement installs are available for academic purchases. You needed to keep, and use, your original disks and serial numbers - or you've lost it forever. If you want to get the current product, Creative Cloud, it is subscription only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: Warning, scammers may contact you privately pretending to be Adobe staff, pretending they can fix CS6 or sell you a replacement. Adobe will never send you a private message asking you to email an account that isn't @Deleted User, or use Skype. Adobe never ask you for their password. These scammers want your Adobe info, credit cards, your money and control of your computer, please take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would never give out any info like that. I would contact the site first before I even considered it. As for CS 6, I had gotten it through my school at the time as a digital download through their store. I'm so angry though because of all the programs that I used are now lost....The school didn't give me the programs, I paid for them. I get Adobe being sensitive to protect itself, but that's money that's just thrown away now for something that wasn't even my fault. This was about 7 years ago when I had gotten the suite. I had tried going to the email I was using that I used to register to download the digital copy, the email doesn't exist anymore(Thanks Yahoo for deciding for everyone in the world just because they don't use an email all the time that it's perfectly fine to delete everything in it). Again, I fully understand Adobe's side of it and all, I'm just incredibly frustrated that I lost all these programs that I already paid for to now having to pay a monthy subscription fee for, again, programs I already paid for. While they may not be as up to date as CC, they were still perfectly viable. I just think it's BS on Adobe's side that they can't do anything. While I do understand where they're coming from, I can't help but feel they're stealing money out of my pocket now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>through my school at the time as a digital download through their store

The only downloads that Adobe supplies are for the standard versions... you are going to have to work with your school to try and obtain a new download

And, for anyone else reading this, you should ALWAYS copy downloads to an external device (2 are better) to have in case of a computer problem

Copy to an external hard drive or write to a DVD

A possibility is this USB3 dock with fan to swap 'bare' drives for backups http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-SuperSpeed-Docking-Station-Cooling/dp/B0055PL2YI or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147511

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines