• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm reluctant to do an uninstall and reinstall for Premiere Elements 13.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the past 3 or 4 winters I've been working on a big project involving converting Super 8 movies to digital but I'm not quite finished yet due to needing to narrate some clips in my own voice (for authenticity for my kids and grandkids) but am having some issues with my vocal chords so have had to suspend this project pending clearing said medical problem. In the meantime I want to use the other feature of the program called ORGANIZE PICTURES to create some long slide shows from still pix and short videos. However, whenever I initiate that program (I've never used it before now) it aborts before I get a chance to start using it. No error code but a small, brief notification pops up saying that the program had to close and Windows (running 8.1) will notify me of a solution if they can find one. But when I open the Windows troubleshooting app this incident is not listed so I doubt Microsoft will ever investigate it.  My guess is that this ORGANIZE program is corrupt - perhaps right from the original installation.  If this is likely the cause then my best solution is to uninstall and re-install P.E. 13. However, there is a lot of risk to me due to the unfinished leagacy project - I don't want to jeapordize it. I realize all my data files and preferences files are saved on my data drive but I'm concerned that if the re-install fails and becomes a permanent no-go due to some incompatibility issue(s) I might never be able to finish my legacy movie project.  An alternative work around I think would be to purchase some other slide show program to make the second project and not mess around with P.E.13. I'm wondering if anyone else has recently re-installed an unsupported version of Premier Elements (Windows version) and had it work flawlessly? Comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a System Restore Point and also a Disk Image so that you can go back if somehting goes sour.

I use this fre utility for Disk Images:

https://www.aomeitech.com/ab/standard.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the latest premiere elements is NOT compatible with win 8.1 so that's a no go for you, Adobe Premiere Elements system requirements

if you decide to uninstall and reinstall, you can download the installation files for premiere elements 13 (but you'll need your serial number to get beyond the 30 day trial), Direct Download Links for Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements 13 | ProDesignTools

but before doing anything else, try resetting your pse preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad: thanks for the advice, esp. heads up on latest PE not running on 8.1  Re: download link - I got that from Adobe Help but thanks for the link in case I have trouble with theirs. 

Re: resetting preferences - I've never been able to run Elements Organizer yet so there are no preferences to reset yet.

I was just wondering if there have been a lot of people who had a faultless no problem re-install for PE 13.  If they did, I guess they're not likely to be looking at this particular support category since they didn't need help with it.

Peru Bob: thanks for the advice but I've been burned too many times using a System Restore Point - I don't find it reliable enough to risk my project.

I think I'll go the safest route and shell out for an additional slide show program.

Thank you both for taking the time to offer advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines