Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I really feel scammed

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my bad englisch

I always liked Adobe and their products, and yeah as a student it is kinda expensive but i think, if you need it it is totally worth it. And I also thought I could trust adobe, they seem very legitimate and have high standards, or so I thought. 

I needed stock fotos for a project so I tried out Adobe stock. I month free testing, sounds great to me. So I did that but I didn't really use it. I didn't really found what I was searching for so after two times or something I just stopped using and forgot about it.

Well a bit later I saw I was billed for two month , 35 euros each. Ouch that's a lot of money for me. But alright it is kinda my fault. I didn't use it and I just forgot about it. 

So lets better cancel before I have to pay more money. And than i saw it, 160 euros cancellation fee???

I have an annual subscribtion that I am paying for each month? It all looks so intentionally missleading.

To go from a free trial to a monthly subscription is kind of normal. And I get that. I don't think it is a very nice thing to do but it is usually clear and if I forgot, that is on me. But going from a free trial into a annual subscription that, if you cancel, have to pay a lot of money for? That is just a scam and it feels disgusting. 

I chatted with somebody from customer support but I kinda have the feeling I was chatting with a robot than anything else. And it didn't help, it was just "yeah you didn't read the smallest detail on you terms and condition so yeah kinda your fault" or at least that is how it felt like.

It was always a dream for me to use adobe because that is the industry standard, for me it feels professional even when I am a amateur. And I am really happy that because I am a student it is cheaper for me and I could finally effort it. But that really makes the whole company look like a scam.

I am kinda hurt to be honest, it really changed my perception of the company, and I am thinking to cancel everything and deleting my account. I hope somebody can help me, I am a student and, I have to pay rent and all. 160 euros is a lot. The 70euros okay fine, my fault, I pay. 

Okay their has been and update, the support canceled my subscription. I actually just told him that I was thinking about it and asked him how to delete my account. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. As of right now I didn't pay the 160 euros. I hope I do not have to. 

But still, I think it is important for me to say what I think. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is for FREE. No matter what it says up front.

Your problem is as you stated,

QUOTE:

I didn't really found what I was searching for so after two times or something I just stopped using and forgot about it.

END QUOTE:

The telling part is Forgot About It. 

Adobe is not about giving anything away for free. All of the offers from 99.99999999% of companies that say FREE for X amount if time mean you get to access them at No initial cost except if you actually use it or forget to Cancel it.

The minute they ask you for your Credit Card details and or a Payment Method before your So Called FREE period starts it is NOT FREE.

Make note of that for the future. 

The only thing you can do is Cancel and or contact Adobe directly.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I know that. Ususally I just cancel it before. And that I had to pay for two month is not really my problem at the moment. I am fine with that. As I said that is my fault. But the cancelation fee and everything is really disgusting. 

And yeah i just got charged 160 euros. Well great, just ramen for the next month I guess. 

Thanks for the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe is hardly to blame here... To be honest, you should've read the fine print first. Everything you need to know is written on the Plans site - including the stuff with Adobe Stock:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

That also includes the Terms, which explicitly say it's a 12-month contract/commitment.
For future reference: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Crossing fingers that the €160 cancellation fee gets waived for you, but I hope you learned a lesson: Always read fine prints before you buy something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[quote]

Nothing is for FREE. No matter what it says up front.

[/quote]

Well, Blender is free: "Free to use for any purpose, forever", as it is quoted on their home page. So is Krita. And Gimp. And Inkscape. And Scribus. And OpenToonz. All open source, and free software with no strings attached.

I do agree that most companies are solely in it for the money, and Adobe is one of them. It is naive to expect any customer friendliness from them outside of paying them for it. Many companies with a rental software scheme make it as hard as they are legally allowed to to prevent customers from leaving and introduce automatic renewals, for example.

Not saying this is 'evil'; just business. Business at the expense of the user, of course.

So yes, I agree that this is a hard, but well-earned, lesson: never sign up for anything "free" that requires you to enter credit card information.

And if you believe that using Adobe software transforms you as an amateur somehow into a more "professional user": that's the biggest delusion. Only your skills and the quality of your work count towards that. A good artist can produce great looking art and designs in any software. Software only serves to facilitate that process in a more efficient manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Lounge forum, as this is not a request for help using the forums or a technical question about using an Adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines