• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I received an Adobe prompt which compelled me to download and install the Desktop Application.

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week, I received an Adobe prompt on my iMac desktop (latest os installed - Big Sur 11.1) which compelled me to download and install the Desktop Application. I dutifully did so. All hell broke loose. My computer went down. I tried to restart but it was an exercise in frustration. Another Adobe prompt button came up with Adobe Repair but even then this did not help. I ended up taking my computer in and it was diagnosed as a Hard Drive failure. I had to get a new HD installed. A week later.. I finally got my computer back. But I went through hell. When I called Adobe, I was told - sorry, this was an Apple issue. I think it's too much of a coincidence that my system failed when I tried to install and download their desktop appln. Anyone else have the same problem?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Adobe.

Adobe software doesn't cause hardware failures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines