Highlighted

I used to love Adobe, now I hate it

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I wouldn't do something like this as I simply don't have the time to complain. However, enough is enough! More than once in the past few days I've wanted to put my fist through my computer screen. The reason, the Adobe products I use aren't working, and haven't worked correctly for some time now. 

Specifically I'm talking about Adobe Premere, Adobe Media Encoder, and now Photoshop. After installing the latest updates, I find that I can no longer edit efficiently in Premere because whenever I hit the space bar to stop or start playback, it's unresponsive. This has cost me valuable time. 

After finally completing my edits I try to load the footage into Adobe Media Encoder only to find that that is also acting up and won't import files like it should, even after installing the latest OS software and restarting my computer. 

Today I tried to use the move tool in Photoshop, only to find it simply doesn't work. Or it might be better to say, it worked once, but after that the part of the image I tried to move is now frozen in place and ignores my clicking and attemped dragging. 

All of the other programs on my computer work fine. It's a 2018 iMac with maxed out RAM if you were curious. I keep asking myself why I keep paying the montlhy fee to keep these Adobe products since they continue to frustrate me to the point of violence. 

Does anyone else here feel the same way? If it's me, fine, I'll deal with it, but I suspect I'm not alone. 

Adobe, you need to make the products you used to make. You know, the ones that did amazing things and actually worked when you used them. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my rant. My computer also thanks you because I kept my hands on the keyboard the entire time.

ETCG

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I used to love Adobe, now I hate it

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I wouldn't do something like this as I simply don't have the time to complain. However, enough is enough! More than once in the past few days I've wanted to put my fist through my computer screen. The reason, the Adobe products I use aren't working, and haven't worked correctly for some time now. 

Specifically I'm talking about Adobe Premere, Adobe Media Encoder, and now Photoshop. After installing the latest updates, I find that I can no longer edit efficiently in Premere because whenever I hit the space bar to stop or start playback, it's unresponsive. This has cost me valuable time. 

After finally completing my edits I try to load the footage into Adobe Media Encoder only to find that that is also acting up and won't import files like it should, even after installing the latest OS software and restarting my computer. 

Today I tried to use the move tool in Photoshop, only to find it simply doesn't work. Or it might be better to say, it worked once, but after that the part of the image I tried to move is now frozen in place and ignores my clicking and attemped dragging. 

All of the other programs on my computer work fine. It's a 2018 iMac with maxed out RAM if you were curious. I keep asking myself why I keep paying the montlhy fee to keep these Adobe products since they continue to frustrate me to the point of violence. 

Does anyone else here feel the same way? If it's me, fine, I'll deal with it, but I suspect I'm not alone. 

Adobe, you need to make the products you used to make. You know, the ones that did amazing things and actually worked when you used them. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my rant. My computer also thanks you because I kept my hands on the keyboard the entire time.

ETCG

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 10, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing worse than trying to use resource intensive products like Premier Pro and Photoshop on an underpowered computer.  I know because I've been there.  The annoyance ranks right up there with boils and canker sores. 

Improve your productivity with a properly equipped workstation that has sufficient resources to handle the load.  See the Premier Pro benchmark testing kit below.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/PugetBench-for-Premiere-Pro-1519/

Short of that, you will need to adjust your workflow by turning off ALL non-essential background processes. Upgrade RAM if you can.  Save work often.  Restart your computer whenever things start to bog down.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input. BTW, I've been a video editor since 2002 and I'm very familiar with having the correct hardware to perform the task. As stated in my initial comment, I'm using a 2018 iMac with maxed out RAM. It should be more than capable. In fact, Final Cut runs fine. 

Once agian, thank you for your input. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 1