Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I worked for Adobe, I'd quit my job and be ashamed

Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aren't you at least a little bit ashamed of poor quality of the software you guys are making?

Came here looking for the answers on how to stop Adobe software from killing my machine while none of the Adobe apps are running.

Related:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/how-to-disable-bloatware/td-p/7902453

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-can-i-disable-core-sync-and-updaters/td-p/7581821

I'm only using your software because my client shared a document with me. I cannot wait for the moment when I'll remove it.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

Would you mind telling us which Adobe service is killing your machine? The Links shared above are almost 5 years old and the explanations and troubleshooting have changed. 

Thanks 

Kanika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is any Adobe service running in the background of my computer when I install any Adobe application?

I installed Adobe XD and now I have 2-3 Adobe services running in the background even if I don't open Adobe XD ever again. 

What would it look like if every single application worked this way?

Do you need help writing good software? You don't have enough funds or quality developers? What's the problem? Why?

Someone up in the management decided it's a good idea to have Adobe services running in the background, because who wouldn't want that. Everyone knows users are stupid, let's make sure they don't work around our subscriptions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't usually respond to trolls but decided to make an exception in this case.

#1 This is a public user-to-user forum.  Adobe product engineers don't lurk here. 

#2 Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

#3 Creative Cloud has 31+ desktop apps and services that sync to optional online services like Creative Cloud & Document Cloud storage, Behance, Adobe Fonts, Colors, Stock, Libraries and more.   You may disable Syncing, Notifications and automatic App updates from Preferences (gear icon) in your Creative Cloud Desktop App.

#4 You may also opt in/out of app usage tracking and machine learning from your account portal anytime you wish.   Simply log-in to your account below.
https://account.adobe.com/privacy

#5 You may work offline.  Simply disconnect your device from the Internet.

#6 For all other issues or concerns, please feel free to file an official Bug/Feature request below or contact Adobe Technical Support for assistance. 

Thank you & goodbye.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines