Highlighted

if you would like to install premiere pro, you must update your system

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am currently using windows 8.1.

i recently bought a monthly subscription for premiere pro but once i try to download it from

creative cloud i get a message saying "if you would like to install premiere pro, you must update your system"

surely there is a way to use premiere pro on windows 8?

ive tried updating my computer but still nothing.

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

if you would like to install premiere pro, you must update your system

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am currently using windows 8.1.

i recently bought a monthly subscription for premiere pro but once i try to download it from

creative cloud i get a message saying "if you would like to install premiere pro, you must update your system"

surely there is a way to use premiere pro on windows 8?

ive tried updating my computer but still nothing.

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> surely there is a way to use premiere pro on windows 8?

Definitely not recent versions of Premiere Pro (version 14.x) which only supports Windows 10.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

The last version to support Windows 8.1 was version 12 back in 2018.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/premiere-pro/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html

Windows 8 is the least supported version of Windows these days. Is anything preventing you from upgrading to Windows 10?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.
For Individual subscriptions, as John_Waller says, only the latest version and the previous version (currently versions 14 and 13) are available for download.
Adobe's policy is that it will not be developed for versions of Windows prior to Windows 10 (the latest version of Photoshop cannot be installed on Windows 8.1).
We recommend upgrading the OS.

* If you are using a Team subscription, you can generate an installer from the Admin console, but since it is an unsupported version, you can not expect future updates and you can't receive customer care support. Please note that there is use at your own risk.

TkfY(ACP),JAPAN

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines