Highlighted

Illegal voiding of product

New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a fairly expensive 3 DVD copy if Creative Suite 3 some years back as a hard copy, permanent product for use on 3 platforms.  My computer died and I need to activate it on my new computer, however, I am told that Adobe has chosen to close down all activation servers, thereby denying me the use of the product they happily promoted as permanent.  

At no time did they tell me that it was for limited, short term use, at no time did they inform me that they could or would simply prevent me from loading it onto my computer.

Given that it was designed and manufactured with the need for activation, without which it will not operate, and that manufacturing process makes it fail to operate as promised, it is by definition a manufacturing fault and under Australian State and Federal law (where it was sold) must be either repaired, replaced, or reimbursed.

I have not to this point after being on line for an hour, been able to get assistance from customer support who simply inform me that the product and the activation servers have expired.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illegal voiding of product

New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a fairly expensive 3 DVD copy if Creative Suite 3 some years back as a hard copy, permanent product for use on 3 platforms.  My computer died and I need to activate it on my new computer, however, I am told that Adobe has chosen to close down all activation servers, thereby denying me the use of the product they happily promoted as permanent.  

At no time did they tell me that it was for limited, short term use, at no time did they inform me that they could or would simply prevent me from loading it onto my computer.

Given that it was designed and manufactured with the need for activation, without which it will not operate, and that manufacturing process makes it fail to operate as promised, it is by definition a manufacturing fault and under Australian State and Federal law (where it was sold) must be either repaired, replaced, or reimbursed.

I have not to this point after being on line for an hour, been able to get assistance from customer support who simply inform me that the product and the activation servers have expired.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please contact customer care at the following mentioned link. As you rightly said activation servers for CS3 have been shut down. But you can get installers from Customer Care that can be activated offline, if i am correct. Keep your serial no. handy and get in contact with Customer Care, they will guide you

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Make sure you are logged into your AdobeID, cookies are enabled on your browser. Click on the chat icon on the bottom right

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0