• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Illustrator Installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am getting this error when I try and install Adobe Illustrator, has anyone had similar please?

TIA

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Cloud Manager to install all programs https://www.adobe.com/ie/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I tried that just sais unable to reach adobe servers

I have discovered I have old Adobe Cloud could be something to do with it and trying to uninstall it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if you are trying to install Illustrator 2019, or an older version. You cannot. New system, new apps.

If it's happening with the current version, where did you download it, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be because I am trying to update my current OS and it won't connect, our internet is rubbish

Also old Adobe Cloud software which I am going to try and uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CANNOT use old Adobe cloud software in Catalina or Big Sur. You have to get up to date if you're going to these systems.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and would be interested to see if theres a solution? I am trying to install the CC apps and getting this notice. I am downloading the installers directly from Adobe and all up to date versions, I used the CC Cleaner Tool to rid the mac of earlier app related stuff. I am overriding the issue by going into System Preferences > Security & Privavcy and allowing each on individually to be installed but I'd prefer to know why this is happening at all and resolve it? Using Catalina which is also up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would normally download ONLY the Creative Cloud app, then let it take care of the installs. Is there any particular reason why you are downloading the installers direct? Indeed, where did you even find them, Adobe aren't supposed to offer normal users installers for current CC versions...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines