• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator would not let me use when offline

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During a brief internet outage Illustrator informed me that it could not verify my subscription, and therefore wouldn't let me use it. I was on a deadline, this was not cool. I've read in multiple posts here that I should be able to use for 30-days offline so... what was that all about?

And just to vent I guess... as somebody who has used Adobe creative products since 1992 [gasp] it ticks me off that I have to go online to use it at all. I'm very technologically current but... I just don't like this. Unless I'm missing something, I don't have the option to install for off-line use correct? Thanks.

TOPICS
Activation , CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only way fool-proof way i've found i can use adobe's subscription when offline is to open the program(s) when online and then put them in the background (but do not shut-down).  that way when offline, they remain usuable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kgladdo you mean open the program then "hide" basically, rather than "quit"? Thanks this is super helpful. I've already adopted the new policy with this new MacBook Pro of not shutting it down at night, just sleeping, since the technology now rarely needs powering down if ever – or at least that's what I've read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

exactly.

and that's exactly what i do: i only shutdown my macbook when i need to restart because of an os system update (and that's obviously not very often) and not when i'm close to traveling and being disconnected from the internet.

when i travel i make a point of opening all the adobe programs i'll need (or even might need) during the trip (though that last time i traveled was to 11/2019's adobe max).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines