• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator Slow?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having issue with the speed of the programs?  Simple tasks like File>Open can take 5-10 seconds just to get to the window to select a file, may not sound like much but when you do it hundreds of times a day, it adds up.

These are my specs:

iMac (retina 5K, 27inch, 2017)

Processor: 3.5ghz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8gig 2400 mhz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 575 4096 MB

I am still running High Sierra due to the fact that my company uses MYOB and if I upgrade to Catlina I am told it will no longer work.  Could this be the problem?

For years I have been using Adobe CS5 software and had no speed issues at all, but since switching over to the cloud based (and yes I am on the NBN) everything has slowed down, which when you use the programs all day every day isnt good enough.  Time is money.  Occasionally I have to switch to an older mac, running older software, and it is faster and easier to use!!  I am almost regretting the upgrade.

Please help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

We're sorry for the late response. If you are still facing the same issue, kindly get in touch with our support team for help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Thanks 

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines