• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instagram feed to Adobe Portfolio

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having an issue adding an instagram feed to my page through the embed block. I tried adding the embed code from instagram posts themselves, and I tried multiple websites that offer feed plugins. All of them say that the code is not valid. I tried iframe as well, as in the help area was suggested, but that gave the same result.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

At this time, PF does not support HTML or URL embed codes. 

Unless Instagram provides you with <iframe> embed code, it won't work in Portfolio. 

See link below for details.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036483773-Embed-module

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Hi Ariell,

I will try and flesh out my previous advice a little more here, as I see you and others have had trouble with the iFrame code working. 

The embedding of Instagram posts into Portfolio can be a fiddly process as Instagram does not offer iFrame embed codes by default. When you click 'embed' on Instagram, you are instead provided with an HTML code which Nancy O'Shea rightly points out will not work in Adobe Portfolio. 

I have successfully embedded Instagram posts into my Adobe Portfolio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Get Started forum for you, where I hope you are more likely to receive an answer to your question. There doesn't appear to be a forum dedicated to Portfolio, although some help may be found here: https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figured this one out? I've been looking with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working even though it works with Facebook posts....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time, PF does not support HTML or URL embed codes. 

Unless Instagram provides you with <iframe> embed code, it won't work in Portfolio. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, but have found a solution. Picodash offer a conversion to iFrame format which you can then embed in Portfolio. All you need is to copy the instagram link of the image you want to embed, and plug it into the template here. 

https://www.picodash.com/instagram/embed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried embedding the iframe code and it still says "this embed code is not valid".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already stated in my reply from April 13th, Adobe Portfolio does NOT support just any old embed code.

Please show us the code you're trying to embed.  If code is not valid, it will be rejected by Portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ariell,

I will try and flesh out my previous advice a little more here, as I see you and others have had trouble with the iFrame code working. 

The embedding of Instagram posts into Portfolio can be a fiddly process as Instagram does not offer iFrame embed codes by default. When you click 'embed' on Instagram, you are instead provided with an HTML code which Nancy O'Shea rightly points out will not work in Adobe Portfolio. 

I have successfully embedded Instagram posts into my Adobe Portfolio (see example), partly with the help of Picodash.com/instagram/embed as outlined above. Alternatively, you can simply try copying the iFrame code provided below, pasting into an embed block in Adobe Portfolio, and swapping in your own Instagram post URL (swap out for the placeholder link, and ensure it ends with /embed )

<iframe src="http://instagram.com/p/a1wDZKopa2/embed" width="400" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

NOTE: When grabbing the URL of your desired Instagram post, I recommend copying it straight from your browser's address bar, rather than by clicking the dedicated 'Copy Link' button on Instagram as this can add on additional unwanted info onto the end of the URL, which can break iFrame embed code. You may get a link like the below example, in which case you would need to delete the additional info (highlighted in red) for it to work in the iFrame code.  https://www.instagram.com/p/CJeR0JCBOuL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 

I hope these instructions help – this is merely what I have found to work for me. 

All the best, 

Seb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! you are a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! Is there any way to embed a live Twitter feed this way or is that a pipe dream 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Portfolio supports Twitter.  See the help article below for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and I'm not having the same luck as you guys.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As previoulsy stated above in the correct answer...

"At this time, PF does not support HTML or URL embed codes.  Unless Instagram, Twitter, etc... provide you with <iframe> embed code, it won't work in Portfolio. 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036483773-Embed-module"

For Portfolio technical support, please submit a help request

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines