• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Install” needs to be updated. - MacOS - Cant Install Adobe CS6 Master Collection

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to install my Adobe CS6 Master Collection on to a new Mac (macOS Catalina version 10.15.7)

I keep getting this error message when trying to install

“Install” needs to be updated.

The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

I cant find how to contact the developer? Has anyone else had this issue/fixed it?

I tried to use my serial number to redeem the produts through my Adobe account and it told me the serial was invalid?? 

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The developer is Adobe. They will tell you there is a solution, an upgrade was made available to current customers years ago, but your app has not been current in about 7 years. Catalina was designed to block all apps more than a year old, so all your old apps are now junk. Creative Cloud subscriptions are what you need. You will also be ready when Apple play the same game next time. It's all part of the Joy Of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your answer, 

I know the developer is Adobe, but I cant find how to contact them about this?

Also you mention creative cloud, I have this but none of the applications that I had for CS6 - is there any way of me getting the Master Collection that i've already purchased, rather than purchasing updated versions of the products separately? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I know the developer is Adobe, but I cant find how to contact them about this?"

There is no point. CS6 support is finished. All CS6 apps are finished. There is only Creative Cloud.

"Also you mention creative cloud, I have this..." 

I think maybe you aren't subscribing yet. The All Apps subscription includes current versions of almost all Adobe Creative Apps, including everything from CS6 except a few apps that are discontinued.

"rather than purchasing updated versions of the products separately? "

Perpectual licenses, upgrade licenses, these are no longer available. Only subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get a message saying I need to update the Installer to install CS6, which I paid a lot of $ for!

Is there really no way to install CS6 on catalina/new macbook pro? I'm reading different things in different places.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, really no way. You chose to go to a system that can't run your old apps (or were forced to do it), and that's all there is to it. Apple do this often. They will do it again in less than 2 years, they have said. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS6 absolutely will not work with Catalina

I do NOT know if these revert to older links still work
https://macpaw.com/how-to/downgrade-from-catalina or
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/downgrade-macos-3581872/

If you are able to go back to a previous operating system...

Apple did not maintain backward compatibility, so try this to install old programs
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines