Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install path issues with adobe CC

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I have been having a lot of trouble getting adobe after effects cc to install on my PC (windows 8).  When installing I get held up at 42% with an exit error 7 message.  When I click "more details" I am told that after effects is trying to install to drive S: (that drive doesn't exist on my computer)

In the Adobe CC app preferences the install directory is in my C;\program files (x86)\Adobe

I have installed almost every other app on my computer with no issue and they are installing to the proper directory on my C: drive

So I'm not exactly sure what the problem is.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already tried that solution.  I've even gone as far as re-installing my OS and re-configuring my drives.  It's still trying to install to a path that doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change Install Location for Applications

With the CC application opened, choose the little gear icon in the upper right corner and then choose Preferences.  In the Preferences screen select Creative Cloud and then look for the Install Location drop down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also done that multiple times already.  I have picked a few different folders on my C: drive and it still is trying to install to drive S:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

empty your tmp folder and retry installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW041 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

ERROR: DW041: INSTALLDIR Volume S:\ doesn't exist.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines