• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Photoshop CS 6 on Mac Mojave

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop has crashed. Now I want to install my Photoshop CS 6 to my new Mac OS Mojave. How do I proceed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

1. Check compatibility. It isn't checked or designed for Mojave.

2. Decide whether time or money is more important.

3. If time is more important subscribe to Creative Cloud.

4. If money is more important, try installing from your original disks/download and serial number; expect a lot of pain and problems, but it might work well enough for your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Check compatibility. It isn't checked or designed for Mojave.

2. Decide whether time or money is more important.

3. If time is more important subscribe to Creative Cloud.

4. If money is more important, try installing from your original disks/download and serial number; expect a lot of pain and problems, but it might work well enough for your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your new Mac doesn't have a disc drive go to kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2596028 to download program installers

CS6 and earlier programs HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED AND WILL NOT BE UPDATED for Mac El Capitan or newer operating systems

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems due to Apple updates

-this is about CS6 (which is from 2012) but it will probably apply to other programs of that age

-Apple did not maintain backward compatibility with old programs in El Capitan or newer operating systems

--Adobe has a workaround to Apple's problem of not maintaining backward compatibility

--READ HERE https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2301916 for an Adobe solution to installing old programs, including a link to installing the old Java runtime that is required

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably your original CS6 serial number was for a Mac version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be aware that you may run into some issues trying to use CS6 on Mojave. The older the software and the newer the machine, the more problems you'll have. Eventually... you'll want to take a look at the Creative Cloud subscription plans found here. Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into this issue for CS6. I called up Adobe tech support. They emailed me a link today Jan 3 2020 to download. I suggest doing the same and follow steps below.

1. Once downloaded, open up file and click "Install"

2. If you encounter the same problem as me, you might run into a prompt that prevents you from going further (requiring Adobe Support Advisor- which incidentally doesn't help). 

3. In this case, right-click on "Install" and select Show Package Contents

4. Click on Contents folder that pops up, and open MacOS folder

5. Click Install from here

And that should do the trick!!!

If you encounter problems towards the end of the installation asking you to quit applications running in the background, follow the rest: In may case, it was SafaribookmarksS. You need to Force quit this from Activity Monitor. Do this by going to Finder/Utilities/ActivityMonitor. Select SafaribookmarksS and Force quit. (Do this, by going to the top menu, under View, select Quit Process). Then resume installation process and that should do it! Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks- tryed that still says I need Adobe Support Advisor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, old topic and i understand what i have to do but @angelhkdc:

How have you 'called up Adobe tech support'?

Thru support forum, mail or phone and which one? 

Hopefull you still remember, thanks. 

I have a CC license for many years now, but i wanna install my CS 5.5 license ona older Mac with Mojave as a compatibility machine for older work i have done. 

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for this instruction.

I had almost given up on ever using my photoshop again, and now I´m so happy I can.

(I know it´s outdated, but it can do everyting I need...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple did not maintain backward compatibility, so try this to install old programs
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i have tried this already but i think i have used the 'Creative Suite 6' steps with my 'Creative Suite 5.5' so i will try that one today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines