• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install stuck at 20.8% Mac OS 10.15.1 (standalone)

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install the free Adobe XD application on my MacBook 15 from 2019 with MacOS 10.15.1.

When I run the installer it always stops at 20.8%.

I've tried restarting my computer and also redownloading the .dmg file with no avail.

Adobe stuck.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue on a 2017 rMBP with MacOS 10.15.1. It also stops at exactly 20.8%. 

The link you sent is not related to this problem. That link is about downloading Illustrator and not the free Adobe XD. Also, that person mentions the solution was they "disabled all security Tools". 

What security tools does he refer to in MacOS? There is nothing blocked in Firewall.

So no, the "correct answer" is not in the link you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I eventually fixed it was by running the installer with sudo via the terminal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. If I try the same then I get:

Armin-Seltzs-MacBook-Pro:~ arminseltz2$ sudo /Users/arminseltz2/Desktop/XD\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Install 
2019-12-07 18:22:28.639 Install[82432:3480589] The application with bundle ID com.adobe.Install is running setugid(), which is not allowed. Exiting.

So it won't let me install with sudo. I am of course admin of my Mac.

Looks like we are sticking with Sketch for now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines