• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install will not accept redemption code from purchased DVD

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the sales receipt, the 2 DVD's and the insert card with the redemption code on the back. It will not accept the code. This is an installation on a new iMac. 

I have no idea as to what to do. The redemption code has 0 and O  and I and 1 in the code. I have tried using numbers and letters for those symbols as it is not clear on the insert whether they are numbers are letters.

I have the original receipt, DVDs and box from Staples. Purchase was made on 07/18/20.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what the problem is. This software was installed on a previous computer that was purchased at Staples. The computer crashed shortly after I bought it so I returned it to the store and bought an iMac rather that replace the faulty Windows computer. At that time the Staples account manager installed Elements on the PC using a different email address. I inadvertengly cancelled the original gmail account not realizing that it was the one Staples had used to install the software. So I registered a new account with Adobe, re-dowloaded the trial version and when I finally got the confusing redemption code to be accepted I got this message: Oops, this software has been redeemed by another email address. Since the email address was a gmail account, there is no way I can reactivate that account. So am I stuck with an expensive program now that I can't use, or is there work-around. I have the original box, DVDs, Redemption Code Insert and the Sales Slip from Staples dated July 18, 2020. It has taken me this long due to CoVid restrictions here in Manitoba to get the new computer purchased and installed. And now I would like to install and use this software, but cannot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe software product are you trying to re-install? And which version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 (Thanks for checking in..!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The back of the box has Photohops Elements 2020 CSGN on it. There is a bar on the back of the box that says 'Scan to Activate Product' but I believe it was already scanned when Staples set up the Lenovo All-In One which I purchased and later returned. Do to CoVid restrictions in our community I purchased the iMac directly from apple.ca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A redemption code can only be redeemed once.  That redemption code gives you a serial number that you use to enter to activate the product, not the redemption code.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

Did you save the serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved everything that came with the purchase, but I don't know where to find the serial number. And I have tried entering all the numbers I have detailed below, but to no avail. I get a 'Serial Number is Incorrect' message no matter what numbers I enter.

The number on the Staples Receipt under where it says ADOBE PSP ELEMENTS has 12 numbers.

Under that there it has Serial #: followed by 30 numbers. 

On the back of the DVD package there are numbers and letters on the bottom right, The top number has 8 numbers.

Under that is DVS?A.PSE,18.0,MAC, and under that are 16 letters.

On the sticker with the bar code on the bottom front of the box is my name, which is spelled wrong (Valarie instead of Valerie) with other info including Serial  # : with a combination of 8 letters and numbers that I can hardly make out.

Beneath that is the name of the Staples clerk who sold the program to me.  

I have a choice of numbers (all of which are small, hard to read, and hard to tell whether they are number or letters) from several different locations on my purchase including the box, the CD's, the Redemtion Code Card and the receipt. I have tried them all and none of them work.

I am not computer illiterate and have used Elements for over 10 years now. I have the original package and CD's from a long ago version that I installed on my Mac Mini that was made in 2009. I think it was updated as far as Yosemite, and the Elements programs still worked perfectly, but I couldn't install the new program on the new iMac as there is no place to put in the disk, which there was on the old mini.

I have never encountered this problem before with any software installation and am quite frustrated as to how to proceed. Elements is perfect for me and I want to use the program. It should be a simple thing to do. I was using Elements on my old mini, but I retired the old lad last week and it is now pouting out in the garage. (But is probably getting a good chuckle over the fact that I can't use it's usurper!)

Can you tell I'm getting very frustrated?

Thanks for your help and patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked the links you posted as I was posting the above message. Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's fair to say you are in this pickle because you killed the e-mail account associated with it. 

Contact Adobe Customer support to see if there's anything they can do.  Phone customer service M-F during normal business hours.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Good luck! 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for responding. I will try this. I know that it is my fault for cancelling the email, but was not fully aware that the address I cancelled had been used by Staples when they originally set up the computer for me as I have two gmail accounts. I hope Adobe can help me work around this as I really enjoy using Elements and as a senior, don't want to have to pay for a second program. But I will do what is required, and thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines