Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installation error C191 - Adobe XD

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Every time when I try to install the new, free edition of Adobe XD I get exit code C191. I've searched on Google and the forums and found multiple things to try but nothing seems to work.

A list of things I've tried:

- Reinstall CC several times + restart PC.

- Clear cache, temp and appdata.

- Clean all with Adobe CC cleaner.

- Install with the default Windows administrator account.

- Change permissions of the Windows Apps and temp folder.

Just to make sure: I am installing it to my C drive to the default location. I tried to download the After Effect trial and it worked. And I can install apps from the Windows Store.

Something else with the same problem or a fix for it?

Error logs:

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:8.0.22.11

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 8.0.22.11). Error code: '191'

ERROR: Privilege lowering failed! Error: 1058

ERROR: Failed to launch hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe for install UWP with xml
Adobe.CC.XD
C:\adobeTemp\ETRF8E8.tmp\1\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appx
x64
CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US
adbxd:

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
x64
CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
C:\adobeTemp\ETRF8E8.tmp\1\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx

false

with error code 1058

ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Nieckb93607758, sorry you are facing error C191 while attempting to install Adobe XD.  Error 191 occurs because the installer is detecting a newer version of the application is already installed.

Please utilize the steps listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps to remove the current installation of Adobe XD.  If Adobe XD is not available for uninstall then please remove all installed Adobe applications by following the same steps.

Once all Adobe applications have been uninstalled then you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the technical insight to troubleshoot that specific error, but have you tried applying any available Windows 10 updates?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested above , go to Settings Menu in Windows and check whether the OS is up to date or not.

Screenshot :

Also , click on the option - " Check online for updates from Microsoft Update "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional Step: Disable Security suites and try to install. 

If not installed, install latest Visual C++ Redistributable package and try to install.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Press Windows and R button together , it will open run command window.

Type cmd -  Services.msc , then check whether Windows Installer service and Windows Module Installer service is enabled or not.

If disabled , enable and select Startup type as Automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows is up-to-date. I already have a version of Visual C++ (2017) so that should be fine. Enabling these services doesn't work either.

It still shows this error at the end of the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Windows OS Build version?

If the Windows 10 Creators Update  is not installed, install the same and try to install again.

Adobe XD System requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have build number 1803 and the minimum system reqs. That should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Creative Cloud Download & Install​ forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nieckb93607758, sorry you are facing error C191 while attempting to install Adobe XD.  Error 191 occurs because the installer is detecting a newer version of the application is already installed.

Please utilize the steps listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps to remove the current installation of Adobe XD.  If Adobe XD is not available for uninstall then please remove all installed Adobe applications by following the same steps.

Once all Adobe applications have been uninstalled then you can download and run the CC Cleaner Tool from Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems .  This should put you in a good state to install the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and then install Adobe XD on the Windows 10 computer.  You can use the steps listed in Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps to begin the installation process.

I would also recommend removing all installed Adobe software, followed by using the CC Cleaner Tool, if simply uninstalling Adobe XD does not resolve Error P191.

For more information regarding Error P191 see Troubleshoot errors using Creative Cloud log files .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced the exact same issue while installing Adobe XD and I tried everything that I could possibly find on the Internet and nothing seemed to work for me. But I finally found the solution after 3 days of trial and erros.

1. Press Window key + R, type appwiz.cpl and press enter button.

You'll see the list of installed programs on your computer.

2. Scroll to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installations, you'll have a lot of them ( I had  programs from 2005 to 2019)  Right click on each one individually and click on MODIFY, then press REPAIR. Repeat this for all the one which have the option.

3. Restart your computer, and install again It'll be installed this time.

NOTE : I tried everything from  Adobe help for error 191 and then did this at last to fix my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely ridiculous that this was necessary, but many thanks -- it did indeed work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know :p, but really glad that it worked for you too 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines