• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation fails for Photoshop CC and Bridge CC

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get both Photoshop CC and Bridge CC to update to the latest versions using the Creative Cloud application to update them.

The install starts, gets to about 5% (for the the first app).  It then fails and keeps saying to Retry the Installation.  I've tried to retry the installation multiple times, but its the same message I keep getting.

I rebooted my PC and now the notification in Creative Cloud to update the apps is not showing anymore.  Its showing that nothing needs to be updated.  However I know both apps have not been updated as Photoshop CC is still version 19.1.6 20180808.r.398 2018/08/08: 1185588  x64 and Bridge CC is still version 8.1.0.383 x64.

I'm running these apps on Windows 10 Enterprise.  x64-based processor.

How can I resolve this and get both updates installed asap?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

I just noticed that there is an option in Creative Cloud to uninstall Bridge.  So I went ahead and did that and then tried the re-install and this time it got installed.  Camera Raw also started working on its own now.

So the issue is resolved now other than the fact that Adobe is forcing me to update my build version of Windows to get the latest version of Photoshop.  This is a very strange thing to do and I don't understand why Adobe is forcing everyone to update to the latest build of Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hameedb14659784,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble installing the latest version of CC apps. Could you please share the install logs with us so that we can analyze them and check what causing this, to do this please follow the steps given here: Log Collector Tool.

Awaiting your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hameedb14659784, did you receive any error messages while attempting to update Photoshop and Bridge CC on Windows 10?  Please check the install logs to determine the exact errors that caused the updates to fail.  Information on how to locate the install log can be found at Creative Cloud download and install errors .

Hameedb14659784, can you also confirm that you are using the process in  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html to update Photoshop and Bridge CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm following the instructions as noted in the link above.  Now I've attempted to re-install everything again after un-installing the apps and Photoshop CC v19 is still the only version that has been installed.  Creative Cloud still shows there is no new update for either Bridge or Photoshop.

Here is the log file:

The following file has been uploaded on Adobe LogCollector Portal:

File: AdobeLogs_20181017_034949_1e0e63d0-c4de-4b90-beb9-a1e6b02dd7ef-win.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the logs Hameedb14659784, I'll review them and get back to you.

Meanwhile, could you please share the build version of Win 10? It should be Windows 10* (Version 1709 or later).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its Windows 10 version 1607

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the update, this could be the issue as CC 2019 apps need a minimum of Windows 10 1709 or later. Please update your Windows to the latest version to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot update to the latest version as its a work pc, not my personal computer.

I just need to get Bridge and Camera Raw installed and working again as before. I will deal with the upgrade later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let us know if you are getting any errors while trying to install BR CC and Camera Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No errors show when trying to reinstall Bridge and ACR

On Wed., Oct. 17, 2018, 6:55 p.m. Bani Verma, <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot with us, it will help me understand what exactly is happening, see: FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached screenshots.

adobe_cc.JPG

adobe_cc2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to launch and use Bridge CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Bridge does not launch and it doesn't even show in the Control Panel as being installed.  I don't understand how Creative Cloud thinks it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the update. From your description, it seems that the Creative Cloud desktop app is not working properly.

Please follow the steps given under 'Solution 3' of the following help document to resolve the issue with the desktop app: "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app"

After this use the direct download links given in the following help document to install the CC desktop app again: Download Creative Cloud desktop app.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that there is an option in Creative Cloud to uninstall Bridge.  So I went ahead and did that and then tried the re-install and this time it got installed.  Camera Raw also started working on its own now.

So the issue is resolved now other than the fact that Adobe is forcing me to update my build version of Windows to get the latest version of Photoshop.  This is a very strange thing to do and I don't understand why Adobe is forcing everyone to update to the latest build of Windows (we're not even talking about the version of Windows itself, just the build number).

Very frustrating that I can't use the latest version of Photoshop that I'm paying a monthly fee for, unless I go to the latest build version of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved for you. And I am really sorry for the frustrating experience, I have taken your feedback and shared it with the concerned department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now even Bridge won't install at all.  Photoshop got installed (Version 19), however Bridge or Camera Raw won't install.  This is so annoying and frustrating.  I need the software for my job and now I can't do my job.

How can expedite this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop version 19 is the last version of Photoshop CC, the latest Photoshop CC 2019 is version 20.

Please upgrade your O.S. to Windows 10 Creators update (version 1703) or later. To know more please refer to OS support for CC 2019 apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines