• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation--Mac Error Code 22

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please walk me through how to install Adobe CC onto my MacBook? I keep getting Error Code 22 regarding the case-sensitive drive. I tried creating another drive, but nothing is working and this is so frustrating not being able to start any projects. 

TOPICS
Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Parker,

If your startup disk is case sensitive then you will have to format it to a non case sensitive drive. Changing the install location would not help because even in this case some components are installed in the startup disk as well. See the following for details

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-case-sensitive-drives-supported.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

Yes, I understand that. I have already created a non-sensitive drive and am having issues. Can I have someone walk me through it so I can actually use this software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't have any case sensitive drive on your MAC and still get this error?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have a case-sensitive drive, but I created another one on my machine that is not case-senstive with 20gb capacity. I am just very confused on how these products are offered for MacOS, but I cannot install them on my machine because of a hard-drive issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that is what i am trying to say, see its simple.

If the startup disk is case sensitive it will not work as some components are installed on it even when you change the install location.

If you have a case where the startup disk is case insenstive, and you are trying to install on a case insensitive drive but still its causing an issue then i would suggest you get troubleshooting help from support.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please issue me a full refund. So stupid. destroy all your data to install our application. Need full refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Parker.cp1 you can find a help document on how to change the file system at https://support.apple.com/guide/disk-utility/erase-and-reformat-a-storage-device-dskutl14079/mac.  If this is a new computer then it should be a very straightforward process to start over, with a non-case-sensitive file system, and then restore any needed documents and settings from the previous Mac.

There are no current plans to completely rewrite the Creative Cloud desktop applications to support case-sensitive file systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

disgraceful. Need a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines