• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation to an SD Card Destination Possible?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway Creative Cloud and all those individual applications (such as Illustlator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc) can be installed to a destination within an sd card slot (with high capacity, high speed sd card) because my laptop pc does not have enough storage room in its hard drive (SSD) for the heavy volume data instalation?  Please advise if anyone knows. Thank you very much. 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Max, I am sorry, but I would recommend you look at upgrading the drive on the laptop or using a different laptop to utilize your Creative Cloud membership.  Some of our applications do support custom install locations, but I would in no way recommend using an SD Card for this task.  SD Card technology is not the same as a Solid State Drive, and you would quickly reduce the life of the card by trying to complete such demanding tasks as running applications.

You can use the system requirements p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Max, I am sorry, but I would recommend you look at upgrading the drive on the laptop or using a different laptop to utilize your Creative Cloud membership.  Some of our applications do support custom install locations, but I would in no way recommend using an SD Card for this task.  SD Card technology is not the same as a Solid State Drive, and you would quickly reduce the life of the card by trying to complete such demanding tasks as running applications.

You can use the system requirements page at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html as a guide for the applications you can utilize with the laptop's current hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff,
Thank you so much for the advice! I will try upgrading SSD on my laptop pc to get more storage room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines