• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed App are moved to a BKP folder

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has already happened to me at least 3 times, I am using the CC applications (it has happened to me with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator so far) and when I close the application and try to open it again (a 2 minuts span) it tells me that it is not installed and without me doing anything all the folders of the applications are moved to the folder "Adobe Creative Cloud_bkp #######" losing all my preferences and workspaces, I tried to contact the technical service on two occasions without any result, once they told my that i had moved the files without noticing (🤦‍:male_sign:🤦‍:male_sign:🤦‍:male_sign:), and now with the excuse of the COVID there is not even people answering the chat.

After the last time I disable the AutoUpdate option but it happened again after that. This time the CC app told me that it was taking the apps too much time to load before this happened, but that so far is my only hint.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, sorry you are encountering problems with files being moved on the computer.  Our software does not include the ability to move the files that are utilized to a back up folder.  

I would recommend reviewing the settings any installed backup or system opitimization software.  Something is periodically creating a new folder, and adding_bkp, and then moving actively used files to the new location.  If you are unsure, then you may want to disable or remove any software that you are not familiar with from the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are telling me that this behavior has nothing to do with Adobe, that somo other sofware is doing this? Even if it only happens with ACC 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, John, the Creative Cloud desktop app does not include the ability to backup it's active files and move them to a a different folder.

You may also want to perform a google search to see what software titles use the default naming of a folder ending in _bkp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To try it out after it happened again I format my computer re-instal the OS and the CS hopping this solves the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, John!  Yes, sometimes the best solution is to verify critical files have been backed up and then format and reinstall the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines