• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer hangs on browser authentication

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several apps and the main Creative Cloud installer (I have the all apps plan) and it hangs every time I get to the part requiring browser identification, here:

HELP2.png

I get taken to the browser window (in Chrome, regardless of my default browser settings) and it says:

clipboard_image_1.png

But the installer does not proceed, and I end up here:

HELP3.jpg

If I click on "If your browser is not responding, sign in here" nothing happens. I've uninstalled, tried again, then used the Adobe CC cleaner tool and removed everything, tried again, I've gone into the registry and deleted all Adobe keys, I've run as admin and as not, I've restarted and tried installing in Safe Mode with networking. Same results. I've also tried signing out before being taken to the browser, then signing in, then getting the "You're all set!" screen again. I've tried doing that with a different account. Nothing has worked.

Prior to this I had only Photoshop installed, and it worked fine. The issue started when I switched to the 'all apps' plan and tried to install acrobat. The installer hung 1/2 way through the Acrobat install. I quit, tried again, and got the above. Then tried all the steps I mention above. I also tried installing other apps, which is why the screengrab above shows my attempt to install XD.

I've explored all the forums and FAQs and tried everything suggested in them.

(Posting again because someone marked my previous post as spam.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

July 2020 and I too had this problem, and for me I have a brand new computer and have never installed anything Adobe except flash player; that's when I realized. All Adobe GUI's (graphical user interface) are governed  by Windows Internet Explorer privacy setting regardless if you are using other internet browsers. So you have to check your Windows Internet Explorer settings (not Edge) and insure that Java Script and Scripting are enabled. You can do this one of two ways. Either open Internet Ex

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

to clarify @iDaze's solution:

Adobe's GUIs (graphical user interface) are governed by Windows Internet Explorer privacy setting regardless if you are using other internet browsers. so you have to check your Windows Internet Explorer settings (not Edge) and insure that Java Script and Scripting are enabled.

one way to do this is to open Control Panel (icons) > internet options > "security" tab > custom level > enable "scripting" and "scripting of java applets" (both are towards the bottom) >

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first try, resetting the cc app:

To reset the Creative Cloud desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press: Win: Ctrl + Alt + R Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, retry a clean cc install:clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this) reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks- But I can't reset the CC app because it is not installed. The same issue comes up while trying to install the CC app itself, or any of the separate apps. (Which will auto-install the CC app if its not installed anyway.)

As mentioned, I've used the cleaner tool already., restarted and tried again already, and tried installing as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Did you ever get a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to summarize the possible solutions here...

First, make sure to enable JavaScript for the installer to continue:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/enable-javascript.html

If that doesn't work, try downloading & installing the Desktop app as a standalone installer (and/or any of the tools via the 2020 direct download links) –  you should be able to successfully install that way, as an alternate route.

If still no luck, try resetting (or fully reinstalling) the Desktop app, if it's already installed:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/installer-hangs-on-browser-authentication/m-p/106080...

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem 

Also i have a doubt  that wheare should I unzip the alternative download 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have enabled Java script but

Vijayender5FF3_0-1610690388738.png

Plz help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem as well - help would be appreciated as I've tried everything you've tried on four different browsers - am completely stumped as all solutions seem to need you to have already installed CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I don't understand why the installer is designed like this causing so much troubles, I miss CD/DVD installer so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually did come up with a solution that worked for me - I tried adding it before Christmas but for some reason, the post submission screen doesn't like me adding a link to the page with the solution, so I'm going to do that annoying thing where you add spaces that will need to be taken out before you can go to the link.

This is the link (copy and paste and remove the spaces): https:// helpx. adobe. com/ download- install/ kb/ creative- cloud- desktop- app- download. html

Essentially, on this page, a little way down, there's a title: Problems installing? Try alternative download links

And then for me (using Surfacebook, Windows 10) I picked 'Windows Alternative downloads and 'Windows 10 (64-bit)' and that worked for me.

Adobe CC install pic.jpg

Hope it helps someone!

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Lisa, you rock. This is the solution. Too bad Adobe couldn't bother to provide easily found instructions to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! So glad it helped someone - was such a frustrating issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an error message when I try to install either one saying that "javascript isn't enabled". I tried temporarily disabling my firewall, but nothing seems to be working. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe check and see if Java is up to date and see if that fixes it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue 

Vijayender5FF3_0-1610691071352.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely worked! I was trying to install photoshop only. NO LUCK! Ignore all other posts. They're just the same runaround. This link includes actual installation files that actually, factually install! At least for me this worked. And I have some fairly stringent IT constraints on my machine. Thank Lisa, it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This works thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was so helpful, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lisa, great tip!! - alternative downloads of the CC desktop worked for me so I can close that open IT ticket 🙂 Thanks for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa! You have saved me so much time and prevented me from getting a headache and raging! Lol. I have to install this for a user at work (im in the IT department for a major utilities company in IN) and this guy needed the Creative Cloud for Premier. Im glad i decided to scroll a little bit more and found your comment! Now everything's installed! Thanks a ton!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the help, Lisa.

Now I switched to Davinci Resolve, so I'm forced to deal with creative cloud anymore..... Such relief...

Hope Adobe can really do something to improve their software experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the help, Lisa.

Now I switched to Davinci Resolve, so I'm not going to be forced to deal with creative cloud anymore..... Such relief...

Hope Adobe can really do something to improve their software experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines