• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer wrongly claims this is counterfeit software. I paid for it. How can I contact customer support to fix that?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

Installer says it's counterfeit software but it's not---how can I get to customer support to have this fixed?

DETAILS

On installing creative suite master collection cs6, the installer says "the product you are trying to install is not an adobe genuine software and appears to be counterfeit. Please report piracy or contact customer support for assistance". Needless to say, the product is genuine and legitimate. I teach at a university and I have bought a perpetual licence for it in 2013. I installed it on my laptop then. I have now got a new laptop and am installing it on the new one. I have not yet deactivated the old one because I need to hold on to at least one that works. Adobe help says "A single license for Adobe software lets you install an app on two computers", which is what I am doing. The serial number has been validated as correct. The link to "contact customer support for assistance" sends me to this forum rather than to a real customer support representative. Their piracy detection hits a false positive that annoys a genuine customer. How can I contact someone who can check the legitimacy of my account and resolve this? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Thanks. With your pointer I eventually got through to someone in a live chat. They suggested that maybe my install files were corrupted. They were not able to supply the correct hashes (which would have allowed me to verify whether my files were corrupted or not without re-downloading them) so my only recourse is to download some 10 GB from Adobe and see if that fixes it. I'm doing that as we speak and meanwhile I'll go to bed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is an open forum, not Adobe support... you need to contact Adobe staff to help

Chat/Phone: Mon - Fri  5am - 7pm  (US Pacific Time)

Serial number and activation support (non-CC)

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. With your pointer I eventually got through to someone in a live chat. They suggested that maybe my install files were corrupted. They were not able to supply the correct hashes (which would have allowed me to verify whether my files were corrupted or not without re-downloading them) so my only recourse is to download some 10 GB from Adobe and see if that fixes it. I'm doing that as we speak and meanwhile I'll go to bed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Meanwhile I was googling the error message and got to that same page, which sounded like a plausible answer. I tried it. I did download the latest Adobe Application Manager ApplicationManager9.0_all.dmg from Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager and installed it. Then I tried reinstalling CS6, entering serial number etc. I still got the same error: "the product you are trying to install is not an adobe genuine software and appears to be counterfeit. Please report piracy or contact customer support for assistance". Just to be sure I rebooted and attempted to reinstall again. Still same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this is how Adobe is forcing everyone in to the subscription model - just experienced the same thing with a support chat representative; claims my software is counterfeit, etc., can only assist if I move to the subscription, but that's discounted as an incentive. I just want to continue working with the CS6 suite that I bought and downloaded twice from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup same here, they're running quite a scam there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • The same thing has happened to me. Has anyone been able to get a successful response from adobe? They insist my copy is counterfeit, but was purchased through a Canadian university. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines