• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design from disks on F drive instead of C:

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have my adobe suite on disks (not creative cloud), my suite was installed on my C drive, now I have a exterior hard disk (F drive), and wish to install the suite on this drive because C drive is full. But when I tried to do that, I realized there was only C drive installation available from the installation disks. I saw on the adobe support that when you have a subscription on Creative Cloud it is possible by managing preferences to install where you want. But when it is from disk is there a way to do that too ? I am on windows 10 and my computer is now on "install all new applications on F:" But that does not work with my disks... Any solution ? Thank you !

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

you can replace a c drive, but if you've not done that before you should probably seek someone who is local to you that can help because you'll need to reinstall your os (do you have the installation discs) and you'll need to copy files (that you want to have on your new computer) from your old to your new drive or, even better, install your old c drive as another system drive.

in any case, i've never seen an old creative suite product that did NOT allow custom installation (though this option

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when installing, if you select custom install, you should be prompted to select where you want to install your adobe programs.

note:  some files will still need to be installed on your c drive so if that's close to full, you need to make space or replace your c drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When installing from the disks, I have no choice : I have to use setup.exe and there is no "custom install" or any choice of drive, only C: is indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your software should be installed on the same drive as your OS. If your primary drive is actually full, it's time to move work files to externals and uninstall all non-essential programs. Free up more space with clean disk and optimize your non-SSD disk with Defrag utilities.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have the good point here, but I don't understand why the version wih creative cloud can work on another drive and not my disks version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be best to get a larger C drive, as you may run into problems with not enough room for system files, temp files, and Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A larger C drive, yes I understand that, but how can I do ? buy another computer with more space on C drive ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can replace a c drive, but if you've not done that before you should probably seek someone who is local to you that can help because you'll need to reinstall your os (do you have the installation discs) and you'll need to copy files (that you want to have on your new computer) from your old to your new drive or, even better, install your old c drive as another system drive.

in any case, i've never seen an old creative suite product that did NOT allow custom installation (though this option is easy to miss because it's just a check box that's not promontly display).

when you start the install, if you select that option, i know you are able to select which programs from the suite to install and (i believe) where to install them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to reinstall your os (do you have the installation discs)

By @kglad

If Windows 10, discs are not necessary if you download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have to thank you, because when you said you've never seen that case, it turned in my head, so I tried another time,  AND tadaaa ! I have found it ! So it is installing on my F drive as I speak to you... this time I launched it not automatically but opened the files of the disk, found .exe and launched it. I do not know really if it is different because of that... I do remember though that the previous tries, the place where it was indicated where the installation will take place was grey, no way to open a box and choose anything. This time, it was not grey, and I could choose the place. It solves my problem so thank you. Insisting, always insisting on a computer problem ;))).... But I learned that it was possible to reinstall your OS somewhere else than C. My C is a HDD, and small, and my F is a SSD and big. So perhaps one day I will try that, if I have problems again... Thank you for your good advice !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

and yes, you can designate a different drive (eg, F) to be your boot drive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines