Highlighted

Installing Adobe programs on D drive

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a new laptop which has a C and D drive. The C drive only has 50GB of storage left but the D drive has 960GB free. When I install Creative Cloud programs is it possible to install them onto the D drive to ensure I don't run out of storage?

Thanks!

Hi Michaelm13886650,

Please check the FAQ section of this link : Download and install Adobe Creative Cloud apps

NOTE: We would suggest you to install your application on the primary drive, however you can configure the installation destination from within the Creative Cloud app preferences.

Please be aware that there will still be shared resources stored to your primary drive, In addition during the install process temporary files will also be created on your primary drive.

**** If you have already installed apps you'll have to uninstall it and then make the location changes in Creative Cloud Desktop app after that reboot the machine and now install your apps again and it should install on new selected location.

drivelocation.PNG

Let us know if this helps.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Installing Adobe programs on D drive

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a new laptop which has a C and D drive. The C drive only has 50GB of storage left but the D drive has 960GB free. When I install Creative Cloud programs is it possible to install them onto the D drive to ensure I don't run out of storage?

Thanks!

Hi Michaelm13886650,

Please check the FAQ section of this link : Download and install Adobe Creative Cloud apps

NOTE: We would suggest you to install your application on the primary drive, however you can configure the installation destination from within the Creative Cloud app preferences.

Please be aware that there will still be shared resources stored to your primary drive, In addition during the install process temporary files will also be created on your primary drive.

**** If you have already installed apps you'll have to uninstall it and then make the location changes in Creative Cloud Desktop app after that reboot the machine and now install your apps again and it should install on new selected location.

drivelocation.PNG

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaelm13886650,

drivelocation.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have tried restarting and changing all the install paths, but nothing is working.  Please fix this my grade depends on it. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix what? This post, 4 years ago, seemed to solve the original problem. Please describe YOUR problem in detail as it may be different.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines