• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing CC with an existing CS5

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own Photoshop CS5 - works great.  I want buy Photoshop Photography CC and try it for a year but keep my CS5 intact and operational.  Can I do that and if so, how do I keep the CC from overwriting CS5 during the installation.  Thanks for you help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may do that, since they are installed in different places

HOWEVER

When you stop using the subscription your CS5 may also stop working

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-if you plan to keep using a serial number program you should NOT install a Cloud program, not even a trial
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment.

Ha!!!

I forgot I saved all of the updates for CS5 and LR separately on my hard disk.  These updates are critical or I can't open any of my 1000's of NEF photos even though I have the original disks etc..  When I migrated to a new Win 10 machine just a few months ago, you could download the updates on a few obscure FTP sites (one of them was an Adobe site).  NOT ANY MORE - I just checked and they took down all of the sites blocking updates for 1000s of legal Photoshop owners - DOGS!!!

So I found an article about how to completely remove all of CC from your PC.  In theory, if I want to go back to my legal copy of CS5, I could do a complete uninstall of CC and then re-install my CS5 with all of my saved updates.  Anybody see any problems here or have experience in doing this either good or bad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anybody see any problems here 

By @Doug5C85

The only issue I can think of is if the CS4 and CS5 activation servers were to be shut down like was done with CS3 and earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines