Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing CS6 Design and Web Premium on 2nd Computer

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Buddies, 

How to install my existing CS6 from my previous macbook to my new macbook.  I do have the product code & serial number, however, the official install links is not supported.  please assist me to install it.  Many Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your new Macbook runs Catalina or Big Sur then you won't be able to install or run CS6.

Only the current Cloud versions are compatible with Catalina and Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has removed ALL public download links for serial number programs
-links are ONLY available to someone who purchased a download from Adobe
For serial number programs you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
---as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
-if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought and lost a disc Adobe does not provide a replacement via download
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor
When you have a download, ALWAYS copy it to at least one external device
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a CD or DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number

Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sir, I did buy the CS6 in 2013, there was a box set with DVD, and product code together. However, when I read my account, it only shows the mentioned item with Serial No. but there was no product history.  How can I get it to install?  PLEASE HELP ME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system is your new Mac running?

If Catalina or Big Sur then you cannot install CS6 even if you find a valid download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So you won't be able to install CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>box set with DVD

Go back and read the second line of what I posted... you do not have a download available, you must use your original DVD

But, as already noted, your Mac operating system is not compatible with CS6 due to Apple's decision

To use old programs you must use an old operating system

https://macpaw.com/how-to/downgrade-from-catalina or
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/downgrade-macos-3581872/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am trying to install CS6 on a different iMac after my 2007 died. I have Educational Standard (original owner of physical discs with serial #) and am trying to install on 2009 iMac (very low hours) running Snow Leopard 10.6.8  Since my previous iMac died I contacted Adobe to "uninstall" license so I could reinstall on a different machine. Everything goes well until I get a screen that says "no network connection" except that I DO have internet, as I am in chat with Adobe when getting the error screen. Adobe tells me they don't have the ability to talk to my computer due to old OS, and that the Adobe Application Manager that comes with the suite is too old to communicate with. What really worries me is there is a link on the "no network" screen that takes me to Adobe "you don't have a genuine copy of the software" window. Adobe SWEARS they have released my license so that I can re-install using original serial number but I'm not so sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines