Highlighted

Installing CS6 on Windows 8,

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just bought InDesign CS6, and want to install it on my computer with Windows 8, but nothing happens when I put in the DVD-rom... Is CS6 not compatible with Win8?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

Adobe no longer sells CS6 and what you find on eBay MAY be a cracked version that will put malware on your computer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Installing CS6 on Windows 8,

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just bought InDesign CS6, and want to install it on my computer with Windows 8, but nothing happens when I put in the DVD-rom... Is CS6 not compatible with Win8?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

Adobe no longer sells CS6 and what you find on eBay MAY be a cracked version that will put malware on your computer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Summerbird autoplay is disabled under Windows 8.  You will want to navigate to the disc in Explorer and launch the installer manually.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2013 0
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, it doesn't show up there either

Perhaps it is a problem with the computer then... Before going down that path, I just wanted to make sure, that CS6 was in fact compatible with win8, as the system requirements only mentions Win XP and Win 7. But It should work on Win8 then?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Summerbird it should work just fine.  In fact we just release the following document for Windows 8.1 - OS Compatibility and FAQs for Windows 8.1 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/windows-8-1-compatability.html.

If you are able to see the drive and not the disc then you may want to try a different CD or DVD.  If the problem persists then you will want to work with your manufacturer.

Also if you need it you can download the CS6 installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2013 0
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

I have Windows 8.1 and I wanted to buy the CS6 (because I hate Windows 10 it driven me up the wall....and the new programs do not run on my 8.1 as I'm sure you know) but I am worried about what kind of real or false softwares are they selling on the internet....I heard about that somewhere on the Adobe pages you can still find and buy it but I was unlucky to find it. Could you please give me any advice or hint? I need it for photographer's school, thanks,

Laura

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is NO place that you can legally buy CS6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 2
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 1
Allatka LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2020 0