• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing CS6 Updates

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update Photoshop CS6 with CS6_13_0_1_3 update. I keep getting a message that reads: Update Failed - update could not be applied. The patch is not applicable for you. Please check for updates from the help menue in your product to see a list of latest updates available.

This is the latest update - I can't check through the help menu because the computer I run Photoshop on is not on the internet. I have always downloaded the updates via another computer and transferred them to the computer I run the program on. This has always worked perfectly until now.

I have the same problem and message with the resent Bridge update. What is the problem and what is the solution? Please don't tell me to uninstall Photoshop CS6 and re-install to make sure the program is in the Adobe Photoshop CS6 folder - it is already there - I always let the files install where the company wants them

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

To install the Photoshop update:

1. Disable all virus protection software.

2. Ensure that the folder on your hard drive containing Photoshop is named "Adobe Photoshop CS6."

3. Double-click the "AdobePatchInstaller" application. If the updater reports that it cannot find the application to update, uninstall Photoshop CS6, reinstall the application (using the default folder name "Adobe Photoshop CS6"), and then run the updater.

4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you won't be able to use aam or the cc app for that.  when that update is available for direct download, you can continue with your usual update procedure, http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. The file is available for download and I have downloaded it. My usual update procedure did not work with the downloaded file - hence the above question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To install the Photoshop update:

1. Disable all virus protection software.

2. Ensure that the folder on your hard drive containing Photoshop is named "Adobe Photoshop CS6."

3. Double-click the "AdobePatchInstaller" application. If the updater reports that it cannot find the application to update, uninstall Photoshop CS6, reinstall the application (using the default folder name "Adobe Photoshop CS6"), and then run the updater.

4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, again. However, I tried to uninstall Photoshop, but could not. The uninstall begins and then a note comes up that says Adobe Bridge is running and that I must stop it. The uninstall will not go any further until I stop Adobe Bridge. Of course, Adobe Bridge is not running. So at this point, I can't uninstall Photoshop - what to do next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The os is Windows 7 professional. Again, this computer is not on the internet and will not be. Therefore, there have not been any service packs or updates provided to the software. However, it runs great and CS6 has run great until this newest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That worked - I have never used the task manager to stop a process, only a program. I have now tried to install CS6 from my disc and after I type in the serial number, a message comes on that the serial number cannot be validated. This is the same disc that I used to install the first time. This disc is a update from CS5. Now what?

I appriciate you sticking with me on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - when I click on, start here above, it takes me to a page about finding my serial number. I have the serial number and it has even been registered. I entered the serial number that worked the first time I installed and that is when the error message about cannot validate appeared. The serial number is correct - I have it on the box with the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. The support page you sent me does not help. I can find nothing that deals with my problem. I need to talk with someone at Adobe that can validate my serial number and help me get the program installed. I seem to get into loops on the web site and can't find a phone number to call. I don't vevn care about the updates anymore. I just need to get the program running so I can go beck to work. This should not be this hard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you follow the obvious 1 or 2 steps and then click "chat with agent" > "chat now"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zombie thread comes back to life!!

I have the same issue as the OP - I was using CC courtesy of my employer but, when that job ended, I went back to using my fully-functional CS6.  Everything has been running dandy until I tried to do this update - I get the same message as the OP.

After doing some research,  I found this from Adobe:

You must be a Creative Cloud member to install and update Photoshop CS6 version 13.1.

Since my original personal account that CS6 is registered under is not the same as the work account I was using CC under, I cannot download or apply this update.

Lame, Adobe, lame!

Update Photoshop CS6 from 13.0.4 to 13.1.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resurrected again.

The issue is the version of application manager installed with photoshop CS6. You need the Adobe Application Manager 6.2 update the last one before the Creative cloud version.

You'll have to start over and uninstall all abobe applications, flash, any other Adobe program, and delete all the adobe folders in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe"

Next download the file above from the Internet Archive, save to the desktop.

Next disconnect from the internet. Both wired and wireless

Reinstall Photoshop.

Install the Applicaiton Manager 6.2 update.

Then install all  the updates manually, on after the other, no need to reboot.

Goto this file C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\Pdapp.exe and rename it to Pdapp.exe.bak so it won't run anymore. Thats the updater file.

Adobe is not updating any CS6 applications so you dont need it to run.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So your perpetual licensed CS6 verion only had updates to 13.0.1.2.

Version 13.1.x is for the Subscription version of CS6 which was really the first Creative Cloud version.

There was a split in CS6 verisons which is why you werent able to update the 13.1.x versions. Have to have CC subscription to update the CC verson of CS6 from Adobe.

That version file is available to download though not sure if you can update to it with out the updating to Adobe Application Manager Version 8.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines