• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Fireworks CS3 - LOCKED, dead program

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new computer and I'm trying to install Fireworks CS3.  I've downloaded the installer file from the Adobe website but when I try to start it a window appears saying "This page can't be displayed".  It then references https://www.adobeereg.com.  This website does not appear to exist.  What gives?

Thanks,

Paul

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

information posted in 2017 was accurate then, but is no longer relevant or accurate.

in 2020, anything other than the current adobe programs being sold are not sold by adobe and, if they're being currently sold, they're are pirated and won't work after the trial period.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I should have stated that... Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the cs3 link below:

Individual User Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated in my original post, I downloaded the CS3 installer from this site.  The problem is that after I've installed it and try to open the program for the first time a window pops up referencing https://www.adobeereg.com.  I can't close that window, Fireworks won't open, and when I try to access the website manually in a separate browser, the site apparently does not exist.

I've read elsewhere on this forum that Adobe has ceased the registration server for CS2.  Is it possible that the same thing has happened for CS3 or is there a work around?

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the cs3 activation servers are still operational.  did you activate during installation?

and there's no need to register.  in fact, i don't think it's not possible to register software that old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad is correct the registration system which Creative Suite 3 is attempting to access was retired some time ago.  If you need to register Creative Suite 3 then please do so at http://www.adobe.com/.  You can find details on how to view your registered software titles at Find your serial number​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  just bought 1 CS3 Title and I was planning to buy others.

No one warned me that they wouldn't work after 30 days.

I'm spending about 150-450 Dollars here.

1] Will they still work?

2] What happens on the adobe.com site instead of the authentication URL?

3] Can you explain the difference?

4] Will I be able to export it from adobe.com in case adobe.com also closes the CS3 support?

😞 Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC versions are like $60 per month?

I would consider it more if it was $15 Per week, easier to balance on low income.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

information posted in 2017 was accurate then, but is no longer relevant or accurate.

in 2020, anything other than the current adobe programs being sold are not sold by adobe and, if they're being currently sold, they're are pirated and won't work after the trial period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They’re selling them in original boxes on trademe.co.nz amazon.con and ebay.com.au saying they’re genuine and your telling me I bought pirate copies?

Did you warn consumers anything sold after a certain date is considered pirate? Microsoft doesn't do that.

now I am really upset I have just spent on this and you have told me its consired pirate when its in an original sealed box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you even put clearly on the front page 'Products prior to versions $x are no longer supported'' or versions currently supported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can report counterfeiters/pirates via adobe's web site but that won't get your money back.  

report the illegal activity to the vending site and dispute the charge with your credit card co.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you genuinely say this counts as an illegal practice to sell CS3? It's in an original box? how could prove its illegal? are you a representative of Abobe who could vouch for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i'm not adobe rep. and yes it's illegal to sell/resell without a license transfer.  i know you do not have a license transfer so your copy is illegal.

you can use adobe chat to discuss with an adobe rep. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help I have tried to contact Trade Me in NZ the site in question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome (and good luck).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Creighton,

On your first question, please see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

On your second question:

Why Never to Buy Adobe Software on eBay or Amazon Marketplace

Hope you can get your money back and/or your system isn't compromised, but it often doesn't end well. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 is now a totally DEAD product that may not be activated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines