Highlighted

Installing older products on a new Win 10 machine

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded my computer, desktop, to a Windows 10 OS. I have unopened packages of PageMaker 6.5, Photoshop 5.0 and Illustrator 8.0. Will these products install and run on my new Win 10 machine?

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Installing older products on a new Win 10 machine

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded my computer, desktop, to a Windows 10 OS. I have unopened packages of PageMaker 6.5, Photoshop 5.0 and Illustrator 8.0. Will these products install and run on my new Win 10 machine?

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea... but the ideas below MAY work

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, mid-late 90's software on Win10.  I can't wait to see how this works out! 

All kidding aside, you're pushing your luck.  You really do need modern software that's compatible in every way with your modern computer.  Changes to security and file management are just 2 major reasons why. 

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Stay safe & best of luck!

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines