• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing on D drive without Downloading the file on C?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swear this is prolly the most basic thing yet for some reason its overtly complicated process that it boogles my mind that it still happen in 2020. Is there a reason why it still need to doanwload on my C drive when I already set it up for a D drive installation?  This is a stock C: and D drive with C filled to the brim with Windows update and trash Windows file, though I've removed most of it, yet it still left me a good 1.9 gb worth of space.

Is there a way to just download and install on the other drive without downloading it on my C? I don't really have the time to do some repartitioning due to deadlines. i've already set my installation to the D drive so i'm losing my options here

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

No... the Cloud Manager that is used to install all other programs MUST be installed to your C drive

Install on non-boot drive https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/moving-ps-and-lr-classic-from-internal-hd-to-an-external-hd/td-p/10945231

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No... the Cloud Manager that is used to install all other programs MUST be installed to your C drive

Install on non-boot drive https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/moving-ps-and-lr-classic-from-internal-hd-to-an-external-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines