• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Photoshop Elements 2019 on a new pc keeps failing

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop Elements in Sept 2019 and downloaded to my laptop. I now have a new laptop and am trying without success to download from my Adobe account. It goes through the installation process and right at the end tells me installation has failed and to try again. Are there any common reasons why this could happen?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before we can try t ohelp we need more informations about your environement.

Guidelines.png

To insert screenshots, please use the "Insert Photos" icon in the toolbar, so that we don't have to download them. 

insert graphic compact.png

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for taking the time to get back to me....but i think i have managed it, apparently an issue with my operating system as i was getting a VCRUNTIME140.dll error message, so i ran a diagnostic and updated and seems to be Ok now. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was getting a VCRUNTIME140.dll error message

By @Abi98A7

Mentioning that in the original post would have led you to an answer here, but thank you for posting that so others might benefit from your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite probably but I didn't understand why it wasn't working which is why I reached out. I assumed that with a brand new laptop all the systems would be up to date so learned something useful today. Thanks for taking the time to respond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed that with a brand new laptop all the systems would be up to date 

By @Abi98A7

I've never had a desktop or laptop that was up to date when new, as so many things change between the time of manufacture and the time of sale. icon_biggrin.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>assumed that with a brand new laptop all the systems would be up to date so

For anyone else reading this...

When you buy a new computer the "master image" that is installed at the factory was made at a certain date, so the first thing you should do after getting Windows registered to your account is to do a check for updates

When a program install complains about a bad/missing DLL do the following

Go to the Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ to find and re-install the C runtime, or for ALL Windows help
-or direct to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-c-runtime-errors-products.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you get a new computer, update the OS, Anti-virus and get the latest graphics drivers from your card mfg's website.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines