Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid serial number for Photoshop CS2 - LOCKED Dead Program

Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Photoshop CS2 but it is telling me I don't have a valid serial number. I initially installed it via disc but in order to fully install it and have it after the free trial, I was told I had to uninstall it and then reinstall it via this link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html.

However, when I try to type in my serial number, it tells me that "This is not a valid serial number. Please go back and re-enter your serial number."

I really hope that this product isn't "too old." In the link above, it states: "Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers provided as a part of the download may only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products." I did legitimately purchase CS2 and do need to maintain my current use of the product so I would appreciate it if I could continue using it.

Just to be clear I am running this program on the same Windows PC as before.

Does anybody have any ideas? They would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

The page is loading fine here.  Vargarner you may want to try a different web browser.  Once you get to the download page you will also see the serial numbers that will work with the installers that are available on the download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the new activation-free version of the software itself as well as using the new serial number? Your original media will not activate and will not accept the new 'universal' serial numbers, and the activation-free installer won't accept your original serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know where I can find the new activation-free software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is on the page that you included in your first post.

Click "English" under Solutions step 2

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did do that. But then when it came time for me to plug in a serial number, the one that is on my jewel case does not work. (I was never provided with a new "universal serial number" that Dave referenced above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I just tried to re-do all of the steps from the initial link I posted: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html

Now, when I get to Step 2 and click "English," this page comes up: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads

What is going on? Now all of a sudden it seems as if re-installing Photoshop2 is not an option! What is going on?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page is loading fine here.  Vargarner you may want to try a different web browser.  Once you get to the download page you will also see the serial numbers that will work with the installers that are available on the download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Jeff! It worked fine. The page loaded correctly on a different browser. I was quite dumb not to see the serial codes earlier when I tried. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent thanks for the update Vargarnar.  Happy to hear that you were able to get the serial number to be accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a really old post, but I'm having the same trouble.  I've been using my purchased copy of Photoshop CS2 on the same computer since 2012, so I didn't know about the special version of the software until more recently.  I have the activation code for it, but Adobe no longer has the software posted on their site.  Does anyone know where I could still find a copy?  I like my CS2, and don't want to be forced to upgrade, or not be able to use the software I'm still happy with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately CS2 is completely dead.

There is no longer any way of installing and using it using the activation version or the non-activation version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines