• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe CC why my computer is slow??

Participant ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running out of ideas but having Adobe CC installed on all the computers seem to be the common thread with them all.  We have 3 computers at work and I have mine at home, all with Adobe CC installed on them.  My work computer is only a year old and is a VR ready gaming computer with plenty of power.  My personal one at home is a little older but still has decent VR and gaming specs.  The other two at work are older productivity computers but not too familiar with the specs.

So all of these computers are almost at crawling speeds the majority of the time.  Sometimes restarting them helps speed things along but pretty fast, opening the Adobe apps or files, closing files, etc... get really slow to where I might be waiting several minutes just to open something.  Or while working with a file, everything just holds for a minute or more before my input starts to react.  Its not just with Adobe either.  Web browser, email, notepad, etc... just get incredibly laggy and unresponsive.  Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling Everything Adobe from the two higher end computers and really havent seen a difference.  So Im not sure what else to try.

So does anyone else experience very regular issues like this who have Adobe installed?  The only programs we are really using are Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, VicoDrive - personally, I'm not running into any of the issues you mention *knock on wood*. I typically use two MacBook Pros (one old and one new) and an iMac about 3 years old. You might see what all is running in the background on the machines you're referring to. What all is starting up when you boot up the machine? Do they all have an adequate amount of RAM? Just in case, have you run some sort of a system scan to check for any viruses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Ive done all the basic stuff like that.  There are always things running in the background of Windows computers that you dont know what they are but they are usually Windows related and not something Im not aware of.  I know what Im doing when it comes to avoiding adware, viruses, etc... and other stuff that sneaks in on Windows but dont know what else to check for.  I just feel like it must be an Adobe problem because over time with each new release, things just seem to get slower and slower.  Maybe there is some huge Adobe temp file that keeps getting larger and larger with each day from using the software thats slowing it down?  I just dont have a clue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have at work a computer running Windows 7 on a harddisk, a Laptop on a Windows 7 system with a harddisk, A Windows 10 system running on an SSD and nominally slower, a Windows 10 system at home on a Windows 10 system, a Laptop on a Windows 10 system with a SSD.

I can assure you, the Windows system does not matter, but the SSD is crucial for user experience. Programs don't run faster, but they start faster and that makes the difference. SSD power is needed for modern OS and application software.

Now, if your systems have a SSD and they are still slow, let us know what your config is.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything here is on standard hard drives, i doubt Ill be able to talk the boss into upgrading them all to SSD's, not something I want to do to my personal one either yet..  I know 3 of the computers are Win10, I think the other one is Win7.  That computer probably needs replacing anyway, its a little dated.

My work computer is an HP OMEN 870-224 Desktop i5-7400 8GB DDR4 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Win 10 Home

Detailed Info here... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073D1889V/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1

My home computer I built myself but dont totally recall the specs right now.  My work computer is more important to me anyway since Im using that one more than anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SSD will be the key. No matter what you are doing, install an SSD first. Then get more memory (8Gb is limit limit). And then get more processing and GPU power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then how would I explain how things were lightning fast this time a year ago with no real changes to the system since?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does TASK MANAGER show for Performance for each of the categories (CPU, memory, disk 1, GPU etc.)? Something is running out, it is on everyone's system. What is running out on yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Booting my hard disk-based Windows 7 computer takes an eternity.
  • Booting my SSD-based Windows 10 computer is lightning fast.

A year ago, your system was probably not lightning fast... And meanwhile you added more and more upgrades and security updates. It slows down. I had the same phenomena with nearly every computer I owned now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32GB of ram and a fast 1 TB hard drive.

This is on Adobe. Creative Cloud is an absolute grotesquely obese pig of an application that needlessly bogs everything down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've noticed exactly the same problem. Just bought a new Dell with 16GB SSD ram. Everything else runs like a rocket but the instant I try to open a psd saved to the Adobe CC and the machine might as well be a dead battery. EVERYTHING slows to a crawl! PS works fine, but if I so much as click on the Open cloud documents I might as well have shot the laptop with a pistol.... Adobe has done a fine job with Photoshop but when it comes to peripheral software and systems like CC and Bridge they need to find something else to do for a living,,,,,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so done with Adobe. If I choose to use photoshop again, which I might have to, I'll install it on a windows machine.

I literally had to do a clean install of my Mojave just to get rid of the gunk left behind after uninstalling photoshop just so my Studio One 4 didn't have clipping issues running my audio production projects.

Turns out I turn on Activity Monitor and there's all these Adobe processes running in the background even when Photoshop IS NOT OPEN.

And the common denominator is that once I got rid of Adobe stuff on my machine, my CPU temperature went down, but there was still clipping audio issues when running Studio One 4, so I had to do a clean install of Mojave, now it's all normal and runs normally.

Good job messing with my CPU temperature there Adobe and my other program I use daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit late to the party here, but I have experienced the same issues... on PC. I installed CC for the trial a while back on my studio laptop and noticed it significantly reduced available CPU, even without any programs open. I uninstalled and my laptop went back to 'speed-demon'.

I recently wanted to learn animation / AE / photoshop so have signed up to CC. Using a different machine, a PC this time. Like the laptop, this PC is fairly modern & powerful. And, like the laptop, having creative cloud enabled in startup significantly impacts available CPU. Simply disabling it in startup menu solves the issue.

No idea what the heck CC is doing in the background that requires 20% of an i7! Certainly not downloading apps because I have everything installed / updated already. Adobe, I love your applications, but CC seems to be a bit of a weirdo horror that lingers in the background sucking up CPU. It's interesting to me that OP also produces music, I imagine CPU spikes aren't often apparent but as they've mentioned, causes audio dropouts when you're trying to wring every last drop of power out of your machine for a large project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. Computers work fine when Adobe isn't installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, I prefer the good ol' days:) hahahah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im also still having problems
now with windows 10 and the explorer not allowing thumbnails on nas and bridge crashing im unable to preview my files!

adobe realy needs to take over the bridge team and start over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had little results for such costs from CC. The memory on some pretty good laptopsget so flooded with the debris of these apps makes some pretty great computers almost unfunctional. These are realitively new and powerful gaming laptops.  I have had memory cleared and paid hp smart friends to turn off everything related in msconfig and then we are flying again. Then I turned of CC and installed Lightroom. We are in the mud again and I can hardly get a browser to open. I turned off CC in task manager to get this browser to work.  BTW, my brand new super fast laptap turns to goo with these apps. Adobe...really? What computers do I have to buy to run your programs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What computers do I have to buy to run your programs? 

See here:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-143/Hardware-Rec...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines