• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is CC officially supported on Macs running Windows under Bootcamp?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recenly had to reistall Windows on the Bootcamp partition. I'm now having an issue where CC apps fail becuase my substcriptoin caanot be verified, even though the machine is connected to the internet and I am actively logged into CC via the CC app. I contacted Adobe support and after screwing around with various settings on my machine (I had to give them complete control) the tech threw up his hands and proceded to claim that Adobe does not support CC on Macs running Bootcamp. I think this is complete BS, becuase a mac running Windows on a Bootcamp partition is no defferent than a straightup PC running Windows.  It is clearly an screw-up with Adobe's verification algorithm and Adobe should provide an alternate method of verifying my subscription. One would think that just being logged into one's account, which requires multi-factor authentication, should be sufficient!

Some additional information:

1. This happens when I'm logged into any account, including an Admin account.
  2. I have reeinstalled the CC app.
  3. My date and time are set correctly.
  4. I have no issues running the apps on when I'm in the Mac OS.
  5. This happens when I'm logged out from CC on all other compuetrs, so it has nothing to do with exceeding the number of CC app instances.
  6. I had no problem running CC apps on this same computer under Bootcamp before I reinstalled Windows, so clearly there is no inherent issue with running CC in this type of environment.
TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe supports the most recent win 10 and mac prior to big sur and most apps support big sur.

adobe doesn't guarantee it will work on os emulations like bootcamp though that usually works.  the only problem is if it fails, you can't expect adobe support to find the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Bootcamp is NOT a Virtual Machine program or any type of Emulation system that runs Inside of MacOS (it is a system to partition the hard drive of a Mac and allow you to install Windows Natively to a separate partiton and have a Dual Boot menu and to get all the proper Drivers for the Mac hardware) Once Windows 10 is installed the Adobe apps, Any and All of them should run the same as if you installed them on a Dell, HP, Samsung, Whatever make and model of store bought or home built Windows system.

Since you say you Recently HAD to reinstall Windows on a Bootcamp partition, WHY did you Have To Do That?

This sounds more like a Hardware problem. Possibly the drive in your Mac is starting to fail. Or you are having problems with the memory. Or the system is overheating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it is a hardware issue. Everything else works properly. I had to reistall Wondows becuase, I asuspect, something got corrpupted (perhaps as a result of a hard reboot). I actually reformatted my internal drive under Mac OS, did a fresh install of Big Sur, created a fresh Bootcamp partition and installed Windows with all the latest Bootcamp drivers. I was hoping Adobe would try to help me solve this issue rather than givinng me a copout answer like "we dont's support Bootcamp". As you (Just Shoot Me) correctly point out (which I also did to the Adobe rep) this is not Windows running under emulation via things like Parallels or VMWare Fusion, this is Windows running on an Intel processor. There are plenty of other things that the rep could have tried, like for example logging into a test CC account to check if there is an issue with my CC account that could be causing this problem. All he did was basically quit all Adobe stuff that was running in the backgroud and have me relog into my CC acount. I could have done this myself. There was no attempt to check any of the configuration files. And when I asked to be escalated to senior level, the rep claimed he was the the top level I could speak to. So what now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this has something to do with your connection to the internet and or whatever AV, Internat Security, and Firewall programs you have installed.

Look here.

Adobe Creative Cloud Network Endpoints

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/install-solved-can-t-verify-my-subscription-status-windows/t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing these links. Wow -- this seems to be such a common issue, yet there is no universal solution! Clearly, Adobe needs to simplify the verifcation process. I don't understand why logging into my CC account (which involves multi-factor authetication) is not enough proof that my subscription is legitimate.

I have used/relied on Adobe products for many years, but I am seriously considering exploring the alternatives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines