• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is CS4 compatible with Windows 10?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Creative Suite 4 Web Premium compatible with Windows 10?

aw

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

based on past experience, yes.

but i don't think enough people are using win 10 and cs4 to to assure you.  so the answer is probably yes, but not for certain.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

based on past experience, yes.

but i don't think enough people are using win 10 and cs4 to to assure you.  so the answer is probably yes, but not for certain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running CS4 on a Windows 7 PC and upgraded to Windows 10 and it worked fine.  I purchased a new PC with Windows 10 and cannot get it to install on the new computer.  The tech support for my new computer says it must not be compatible with the version of Windows 10 that comes on new computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can always use compatibility mode to install.  some features may not work but for the most part, it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that and it wouldn't work.  I got the same error that a problem occurred while extracting the file and I need to download again.  I've downloaded it five or six times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're getting an error during extraction (not installation), that's a download problem.  i know you downloaded 5-6 times but there's nothing that can be fixed with a corrupt download.

try a different wired connect and/or a different browser and/or a download manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem. Computer crashed, had to download all software again but meanwhile upgraded to Windows 10. Everything has been fine except for Adobe CS4. I have tried downloading using the original DVDs and various credible online links without success. The error message I'm getting states:

"Adobe Acrobat Reader DC could not open 'ADBESTDSCS4_LS1 (1).7z' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

Perhaps someone could give me some direction on how to resolve this problem based on this message. I am not currently in a position to buy the program again.

Many thanks in advance,

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download the corresponding exe and rename your 7z to match names (but not extensions).  put both files in the same directory and double click the exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I followed your suggestions and was able to begin the installation process. It ran for about 10 minutes and then stopped due to this error message:

"Installation Error. Installation of the following components has failed: Adobe Flash CS4. To continue installing the remaining options, click continue. To cancel this installation, click quit."

Should I continue or abort installation? Can I address Adobe Flash CS4 separately?

Once again, I truly appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click continue.

if that fails:

uninstall (properly) anything cs4

run the cleaner, Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

restart your computer

retry installing using compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions and have successfully downloaded Adobe CS4. So far, everything seems to be working correctly. I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed my master collection on windows 10 and it all installed flawlessly....

...except Flash. Something to do with the flash player. 
Anyone run into this? I'll repost if I come up with a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did for me.  The only issue was Flashplayer.  It popped up and error, but asked if I wanted to continue.  I clicked yes, and it finished the up load.  Windows 10 already has flashplayer thru updates, so I suspect that is the issue. I am not seeing any loss of peformance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, did  Flash install for you or was it just Flashplayer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using CS4 since 2009, installed it without issue onto my Windows 7 computer a few years ago and has been fine with Windows 10...until yesterday.  I'm getting a 'not enough RAM' message when trying to open PS. I just tried AI and ID, my other two go-to tools, and neither opened either. ID appeared to initialize then disappeared, AI says tools are missing and aborts. This is a big bummer!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines