• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is CS6 compatible with Mac OSX 10.12.1 (Sierra)

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I purchased CS6 a couple of years ago, and have been running it on my iMac which runs Mac OSX 10.8.

I am thinking of upgrading to Mac OSX 10.12 (Sierra), and I am wondering if CS6 is compatible with this operating system?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned Murphy,

Thanks very much for your reply and the link to installation instructions.

It seems that based on John T Smith's advice after yours, I may dodge Sierra, as I don't want to waste the money I spent on CS6.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac El Capitan or the newer Sierra operating system read below

-CS6 and earlier programs have not been tested and will not be updated for Mac El Capitan/Sierra

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems

-you may get CS6 and earlier programs to install and run, or you may not (some do, some don't)

-Java https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/dreamweaver-java-se-6-runtime.html may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John T Smith,

Thanks very much for your advice.

As mentioned in my reply to Ned Murphy, I will probably give Sierra a miss.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To Anyone reading this thread:

"Think". Assuming you already have Adobe CS6 installed on your computer (a "Mac" computer) and your computer is also currently running OS 10.11 (El Capitan) or lower and people are indicating that by upgrading (or "trying to upgrade") to ANY Mac OS higher than OS 10.11 will more than likely cause problems with CS6 applications..............Ya can't even think about "skipping " Sierra and going to an even higher OS version. Bottom line - You're dead in the water with CS6 & Mac OS 10.11. You CANNOT go any further. September 20th of 2016 with the advent of Mac OS 10.12 Sierra Apple changed the Hierarchical File System (HFS and HFS+ to APFS ) and in doing so, "poof" there went a lot of one's so-called "Legacy" applications. It's called the "money game" folks. Both Apple and Adobe want you to shell out more money for total up-grades so they make it impossible for the public (their customers, by the way) to "stay with" any application, any operating system........or any computer! Is there any real benefit in upgrading from OS 10.11 El Capitan to OS 10.12 or any other operating system............No, not really but both Apple and Adobe make sure that your equipment and your applications become obsolete so they can make more money..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines