• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to put photoshop on a flash drive?

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to put photoshop or any adobe software on a flash drive and run it with the ability to save files? and if it is, would it be againist Adobe's terms of service and would my plan be violated? I'm mainly talking about if I want to get some work done and my primary setup is a desk top which isn't portable. Could I run the software on a library computer or friends laptop?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

I'm mainly talking about if I want to get some work done and my primary setup is a desk top which isn't portable. Could I run the software on a library computer or friends laptop?

The only way to run it on someone else's computer (library or friend) is to install it with admin rights and a compatible operating system as you would on your own computer and activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... Adobe programs will not install to a removable drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those in the future that find this thread, this is wrong. You can run Adobe apps off a bootable USB drive. I run Catalina as my main OS, but have a bootable drive running High Sierra to use my CS6 Suite. Except for the slower initial OS boot speeds, the apps run just fine. As an occasional user, I have no need or desire to upgrade to CC and the monthly subscription costs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Install it(portable) in a bootable usb, its works fine with windows also. you no need any user account in your friends computer. It will bott from your USB and it will be working with admin rights. Means you can use the computer but not his drive(HDD/SSD).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm mainly talking about if I want to get some work done and my primary setup is a desk top which isn't portable. Could I run the software on a library computer or friends laptop?

The only way to run it on someone else's computer (library or friend) is to install it with admin rights and a compatible operating system as you would on your own computer and activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines